Multiclass positioning question

Say if you have a two class online race (11 drivers in class A and 8 drivers in class B) is there any way you can have a positioning system for each class? for instance the leader of the slower class seeing position 01/08 instead of 12/19?

Last edited:
It is of course possible offline ( surely also Online ) in the Grid display and in the Results or Timing display, just clicking on the "CLASS" title to toggle the different classes.... if of course the .gdb file is correctly prepared + if the class lines in the .car files of all cars have a correctly specified class fo each car.

Now, on track, that's surely something else .... I know Crew Chief is able to do that vocally for the 2003-2004 original cars but seems unable to do that for mods ( or anyway I have no info about such a possibility or even tutorial in this meaning ).

Should Simhub be able to do that ? ... maybe, but I don't know how either.

Last edited:
CC GTR2 plugin supports multiclass via additional LCD pages in Motec, but that requires minor changes to the car (very easy to do, you just need new icons in a texture). It will show overall and class position, also gaps in front, behind, delta personal best and delta class best. See the plugin manual for details.

Also, CC application itself is multiclass aware, so team will tell you your class position.

Tutorial for mapping classes for CC application: https://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?27-Customizing-Car-Classes
In my experience, I never had to do anything in GTR2, because all mods I used define classes correctly, so it all works automatically in GTR2.

EDIT: sorry, I just noticed this is for _online_ . I have no idea if any of this will work online.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link of the tutorial @The Iron Wolf :thumbsup:
With it I might apply the system for Group C1 and C2 in a LeMans race 1988.

As GROUPC already existed and couldn't be used for separating C2 from C1, mapping them to LMP1 and LMP2 finally did the trick.
All this keeps hidden in the json file, so no matter the mapped names as long as the aim is positively reached ! ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the link of the tutorial @The Iron Wolf :thumbsup:
With it I might apply the system for Group C1 and C2 in a LeMans race 1988.

As GROUPC already existed and couldn't be used for separating C2 from C1, mapping them to LMP1 and LMP2 finally did the trick.
All this keeps hidden in the json file, so no matter the mapped names as long as the aim is positively reached ! ;)
Don't forget to check CC app console output once race is started, it will print what it considers classes in this race - will save you a lot of trouble :)

18:36:39.252 : Single-Class event:"GT3" (built-in)
for multi-class, it'll list classes as seen by CC.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 66 57.4%