MGP18 MotoGP 18 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 18 Released 1.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 2.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 3.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 4.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 5.jpg MotoGP 18 Released 6.jpg
Milestone have released their latest official videogame of the premier class MotoGP series - introducing MotoGP 18.

Released to PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 earlier today, MotoGP 18 is the official racing game of the 2018 MotoGP bike racing series, and represents a significant upgrading of the MotoGP game franchise by Milestone Srl, the long running Italian development studio.

Using Unreal 4 graphics for the first time in the history of the franchise, MotoGP 18 presents a very distinct visual improvement over previous versions of the title, an improvement that promises to be just the tip of the iceberg with regards to improvements for this exciting new game.

According to Milestone, MotoGP 18 has been practically built from the ground up for this latest release, significantly enhancing the visuals and physics to better represent the world of top level motorcycle racing.

Featuring the premier class MotoGP series, including star riders such as Valentino Rossi, Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa right the way through to the Red Bull Rookies Cup, including supporting classes Moto3 and Moto2, MotoGP 18 looks set to produce a comprehensive representation of the professional bike racing ladder.

Available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, MotoGP 18 is available now, with Nintendo Switch release to follow later in the year.

Check out the MotoGP 18 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the official videogame of the MotoGP bike racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What are your impressions of the new game? Do you like MotoGP 18? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 503495

The driver proportions still look off. Rossi is 1.83m tall but there looks 1.75m with tiny legs and disproportionate arms.

Last edited by a moderator:
MotoGP 08 was the last i played and i liked it. Tested some after but they felt weak both in physics and sounds. How's this one? And i dont care about graphics. Im sure it looks better than 08 and thats enough for me. :)

I bought, I played and I asked for a refund, the game had improvements in the physics is undeniable, the tracks seem to be better maybe by scan, i don't know, but of rest only disappointment, weak audio, visual dated, the impression that passes that used the textures of the previous ones and tooooooooo colored, added to a continuous blur or i don't know what is what blurs the image, even turning off the motion blur and changing the anti aliasing filter of the Temporal that is known to be the same as a blurred in the image the game remains blurred, Milestone in this case made me misuse the power of Unreal

So, I have MotoGP 15 and VR The Game (MotoGP 16). I played those games a lot (especially the last one, because I love the historic content and I always find myself coming back to the game for that reason). When I found that '17 was just the same game with improved sounds, I didn't even bother to try it.
Now, with '18, with the new engine and all of that, I did something I never did on a Milestone game: I bought it on day 1, I guess I "bought" the hype. And... the game is actually good. Yeah, really. I had my fears around the performance, because I don't have a super high end PC, but it performs well on pretty much the highest settings, so kudos to them for optimizing the game (I hope ACC will perform the same way). Physics were much improved (at least from VR The Game), and the graphics are good, nothing super stellar, but good enough for me. It still is a simcade title, and the devs don't deny that, but it is a very enjoyable one, at least those were my impressions of the hour and a half I played.
Only thing I miss is historical content. Maybe that will come as a DLC or maybe not, but I hope that it will come back sometime in the future.

After a long break from the MotoGP series I bought this one, mostly because I have been enjoying IOM TT for the superb TT track but the rest of the game, career etc, is fairly average. I didn't realise the PCARS 2 Le Mans DLC was also releasing this week so I've had less time to play it than I thought but my first impression are it is an enjoyable game.

These are my initial impressions:

+ Bikes handle superbly for both beginners and experts, with no assists they really do slide around.

+ The game looks and performs superbly in 4K and up to 120fps, dynamic scaling works well to when it gets buy on track. This is surely the first Unreal Engine racing game that works well, so far games like Gravel have suffered low FPS and odd lighting.

+ The career mode is engaging, well presented without being over the top and builds up the level of challenge well.

+ It's an easy game to pick up but is going to take some time to master.

+ The amount of adjustment in the options means a level is easy enough to find for both bike control and AI challenge.

+ The helmet camera view is awesome, it's like VR on a flat screen, it take some time to get used to just how much the riders head moves around because the body moves so much more than the actual bike. Great sense of being onboard.

+ Racing with the AI seems fair, I've seen no crazy AI behaviour and races have been close once I found the right AI setting for me.

+ Sound is good both the player bike, opponents and the background track noise work well.

From the opening tutorials it's clear this is a Moto GP game that is accessible to newcomers to the tricky world of MotoGP racing and can also be made challenging for the veteran racers. With all the assists on the bikes are point and squirt easy to ride. With the assists off the bikes really start to move around but even then moderate slides are catchable. With the assists off the bikes look just like the MotoGP bikes moving around under the rider.

The Red Bull MotoGP Rookies bikes are a good starting point to the career and the progression system measuring rider performance, braking and throttle seems like a good way to measure progress.

For £18.99 on CD Keys I think it's another PC bargain, I was going to pick it up on Xbox One but £50 is way too much for an annual cycle game.

Now if only the IOM TT bikes behaved like the MotoGP 18 bikes, that would be the best of both worlds.

I bought, I played and I asked for a refund, the game had improvements in the physics is undeniable, the tracks seem to be better maybe by scan, i don't know, but of rest only disappointment, weak audio, visual dated, the impression that passes that used the textures of the previous ones and tooooooooo colored, added to a continuous blur or i don't know what is what blurs the image, even turning off the motion blur and changing the anti aliasing filter of the Temporal that is known to be the same as a blurred in the image the game remains blurred, Milestone in this case made me misuse the power of Unreal
Sounds like the same flaw F1 2017 had, although another engine. Their AA shader made everything that moves look blurry.

Is it safe to buy - no game breaking bugs or really annoying stuff?

I got the '16 release and I'd love to get some better GFX. Seems they cared about the atmosphere here - Box-Menu-Background, little Rituals...

On pc, no bugs for the moment, not like moto gp 17 that sometimes when crashing pilots traspassed a wall hahaa. In general motogp 18: good physics, nice bike details, average track graphic textures and very very 120 % realistic AI

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.