Motion system with 10000$ budget

I have a rig with a tactile system built which i feel pretty good but from what i have read in this forum i with all probabity have no idea what i really good tactil system feels like.

Besides improving it which i think should be the first thing before going for a motion system i am thinking and thinking (or dreaming and dreaming) about what a motion route go for.

I like actuators because of the heave, and pitch to surf the road, but i see people with actuators and still using a seat mover to kind of feel de G-forces (even not sustained).So i am wandering which combination would work best for me:

1-Actuators+Seat mover (No traction loss, i am not building a >4 actuators setup in my room)
2-Actuators with G-seat (Simulated traction loss, and i wander if a g-seat fully replace seat mover)
3-Next limit Traction loss + Seat mover/Gseat (Missing the heave and pitch, but really would like to know how that nexlimit traction loss platform feels,if someone have it and can tell)

Or any other combination you find the best for you,i am just pointing these 3 out.

A G-Belt could fit on any i guess.

If you had around 10000$ what motion system would you build?(Not including pedals/wheel,shifter).

Last edited:
Ideally, an isolated heel plate with tactile transducers separate from pedals is wanted.
I am curious, I have never done it like that but there are obvious benefits. Obvious to me is that the transmission to where you want it is the best of all options. Less mass, etc.

What I am curious about is how it feels though? I can feel things through the pedal faces that I like when the whole pedal tray is vibrating so a lockup, I can feel on the pedal face when pushing.

Do you still get that sensation with just a heel rest adding the vibes? I am a sock racer so perhaps if wearing shoes its not felt on the pedal faces the same and the only people I know that have it on the heel wear shoes so are probably not used to it on the pedal faces anyway.

Upvote 0
OK, I have my tray isloated, a small amount of movement under braking but it doesnt put me off as its consistent and within the bounds of movement I am used to on my ultimates.

I dont feel it all the time either, its mostly when making mistakes :) I went to have a look and in my seating position once the braking is heavy my heel has raised off the heel plate anyhow. so I certainly wouldnt feel much, other that what may transmit through the rig unavoidably it I tried it with a heel tray/tactile arrangement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just noticed that separate isolated heel plate was being discussed today in another thread;
Right or wrong, my approach was very simple. I have the pedals hard mounted, and then a heel rest in front. So all tactile comes through the heel rest, and the pedals remain solid without any flex or other issues. It's just an ikea cutting board, covered in vinyl (sorry, I should have wiped/cleaned it before the pic) Drilled and mounted to the front profile of the pedal tray with some rubber vibration dampers sandwiched between the board and the profile. The BK (mini) is at the front edge of the board, so you can see that there is some leverage and it will vibrate the entire heel rest. The board is solid and doesn't really move except when vibrated. Good enough for me, so far.

(Note, the round thumb screws at the edge of the board (near the pedals) are just to mount my Virpil pedals, when I go to flight mode. They are doing nothing in the pics below)

View attachment 539201

View attachment 539202

Upvote 0
Sadly the PT actuator tensioner kit stopped working 10 days ago.

It started a month ago with diconnects here and there, but finally the left actuator stopped working completely.

Hope Shao answers my mails and helps me with it

It is definitely an immersive piece of addition to the rig

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The RS mega uses less material, costs less to make and lighter to ship :thumbsup:
Thanks.I am trying to decide between the sigma dk2 (i might have the oportunity to buy one here in Europe) and the RS Mega.

Some other options are out now on the market like the next limit motion plus platform.

PT-Actuators or D-BOX are out the question right now because of price mainly

Upvote 0
I believe the RS Series is the same as the old Mega kits, just using smaller cheaper profile. They have the same ball screen inside the profile and use the same motors. I ordered a RS+ kit about a month ago and it got delayed by the shutdowns in China. One thing they don't mention is that you need a case for the servo drivers for the e-racing lab kits. I saw 6U size server cases recommended, but you will spend a couple hundred bucks on that as well.

Upvote 0
Its been a while since my last post. Ive been dealing with some stuff and the problems i've been having with my R-Tensioner System did put me a bit off.

Shao from PT-Actuator has been very kind sending me a completely new unit, but i've not been able to make it work.

The new unit come with a dongle to connect between the computer and the Tensioner System.The problem is that is that when i connect the dongle to the computer it shown a green light on the computer side, but a red light on the Tensioner side. I some times get the USB error message on windows : (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

I have tried all usb 2.0 ports on my computer and installed the drivers Shao told me to, also tried on a second computer.I have no more computers with USB 2.0 ports.

If anyone has come to this problem and has any advice, I am all ears.

Upvote 0
Its been a while since my last post. Ive been dealing with some stuff and the problems i've been having with my R-Tensioner System did put me a bit off.

Shao from PT-Actuator has been very kind sending me a completely new unit, but i've not been able to make it work.

The new unit come with a dongle to connect between the computer and the Tensioner System.The problem is that is that when i connect the dongle to the computer it shown a green light on the computer side, but a red light on the Tensioner side. I some times get the USB error message on windows : (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

I have tried all usb 2.0 ports on my computer and installed the drivers Shao told me to, also tried on a second computer.I have no more computers with USB 2.0 ports.

If anyone has come to this problem and has any advice, I am all ears.

Have you tried to turn off memory integrity? I read it causes lots of issues by blocking DMA access of USB controllers...
IMG_20221217_113720.jpg

Upvote 0
And now I would like to revive this old thread as still there are not much review out for the NLR Motion plus and half a year later I am not sure which way to go…
Currently i have motion plus in front + NLR V3 seat mover. Currently considering purchase of a second M+ for the back. Looking at price it is the same as 4 actuator RS Mega+.
Never tried other motion platforms (in Bulgaria it is not very common hobby) I am curious how they compare - if somebody has experience.
If i was building everything from start with the complete budget at hand I would definitely go for something else (maybe d-box). As I already have good footprint though only choice i have is second M+ or RS mega. The motion plus I have is virtually unsellable here so I will be stuck with it in both cases.
The V3 seat mover definitely want to keep. I do some flight and for this it is great. Also in VR it gives me perfect sensation when back is sliding, like the surge effect a lot as well. It is stable enough on braking - good enough for now.
For the M+ i like the simple installation, small footprint and overall very good operation. It has enormous amount of acceleration, also it is veery quiet. Wonder how this relates in current gen Rs Mega. As I have limited space I am not sure if i will go Mega+ or RS Mini…

Upvote 0
And now I would like to revive this old thread ...

Come on....It is not that old :sneaky:.

Great to have that conversation here. Motion is the last piece of hardware Ill add to the sim when times comes after i maximize the components i already have (tactile mainly).

I am leaning more and more towards motion systems with small travel and fast response/accel/vel like D-Box, RS-mini, or Sigma DK2, but I have never tried one, and even though the main thing I do is formula/GT racing, I'm afraid of losing what motion systems with longer travel bring to the table for flight simulators.

Why are you planning on adding a second M+? One of the reasons I would go for an M+ is its price, but not if you need two to get satisfied... Could you elaborate a bit more on what you think a second M+ would add to the experience?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea