Motec Tutorial

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a tutorial for Motec?

I don't mean to install and setup the software, but actually a type of setup guide with regards to the car? What to look for and what it means?

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend a more simple and easy start using Motec - and advice you to not to try to be a professor in MoteC before you use it.
Check my advice here out.:thumbsup:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: And when you want to check out how others are using MoteC then you can download some of their projects/Workspaces.

Last edited by a moderator:
@s1..
A warning.:D
Be aware that when you get accustomed to use the MoteC telemetry tool almost every of the more toyish socalled "telemetry" gadgets out there feels like jokes.:roflmao:
Because MoteC can both do everything they can do - but also a lot of things they dont even get near to be able too.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The funny thing is that as soon as you have got even a basic understanding of using MoteC its often simpler and more intuitive to use than the toy-ish gadgets.

Never seen that before. It seems to only compare driver input over a lap. I have started to use motec to look a bit deeper in to what the car is doing setup wise.

You can compare multiple laps as well. This video explains how:

@BrunoB
Even the toy-ish gadgets as you call them have hundreds hours of programming work. These people do it for the community in their free time, after coming back from their regular job, not for the profit. This is at least how I do it. It´s disrespectful to act like you do. Just think about it.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea