1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More buses have arrived

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by lalalalalala, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Even More buses have arrived

22 buses now [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5yeylCNT-Q[/ame]

Thru the Monaco Tunnel: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7dNoAQ8NYE[/ame]

More Buses have arrived: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R_0RlPjp7Y&feature=channel_page[/ame]

Original tester:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXM3P5yrk1Y[/ame]

+youtube is still processing the video at the moment.

2. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

i see alot of upcoming races with this if it gets released. :p

3. ow yeah, bus endurance racing :)

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Whahaha, fantastic man!! Thats gonna be heaps of fun to push those to the max. Now i need to find a G25 addon so i can have a huge flat steeringwheel like they have in busses :)

5. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

And on which track are we suppose to race? Spa lost its busstop already.

6. Bram

Bram

Nordschleife :love:

7. Bram no. :p

We could always run the old Spa track.

I was thinking Banger racing with these and going around a figure of 8 track with a jump in.

8. As probably one of the biggest fans of the old Trucks scene we used to have here (HONKER For Life!) i will look forward to these for a blast,but they do look a bit on the slow side?,any chances of giving them a bit more mumbo ? :).

9. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Monaco anyone?

Edited to add,

in Monaco the buses will be convertibles after the tunnel. Sightseeing while racing.

10. Bram

Bram

Joesville? :D

11. Bram

Bram

Can we also create add-ons? To use the bus-backpack-upgrade lol:

[​IMG]

12. Neil Tennant

Neil Tennant
    @ Simberia @Simberia

is there an rFactor brno track?

13. When I was a little boy, I wanted to be a bus driver, count me in for a spin.

14. These buses were purely for fun as their models are extremely basic and poor. However I am pretty proud that all 6 tires turn properly. That was the hardest part. (It never worked in F1C... for me at least)

If you guys would kindly point me to some helpful guide on making windows, reflections, and steering wheel (right now they do not have any... my computer sux, so I am running off DX7 mode), I could try to improve the models first. Their cockpit at the moment are simply a box with a cutout as the window.

As for them being slow, I am trying to make them realistic. If you ever drive them in the game, you will see them understeer tremendously with a lot of weight. That's because in real life you can't go do a sharp turn with a bus at 60km/h so the same should apply in game.

15. Bram

Bram

Fantastic :) The more realism the better! Do you also include a button, that if you press it the doors open? Tssssj Tssssj :D

16. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Imagine the slipstream on monza, Bram :wink2:

17. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

I think Monza with the banking will be a good challenge:

Monza+Bus.jpg

Hans

18. Imagine the feeling you'd get in your stomach if you were on the top deck as it went through the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca. :)

19. no i am not going to imagin this... maybe i do but you have to clean up after

20. Now can anyone tell me how to do reflections? It used to be a file called emap in F1C, but now i think it is not that anymore.

Also how to make windows? I tried with alpha channel, but i just couldn't do it properly.

Until I can get these 2 things to work, I won't release this overly simplistic mod.

Thanks in advance.