1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mods

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Von Butters, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Im sure this has been asked a million times before, but Ive just bought this and want to bring it up to standard.
    /what would be the best mods to download to be able to run it with the updated graphics packs and seasons?

Fingers crossed that someone can give an answer, cheers guys and gals

2. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Basically RSRBR have everything you need.

There isn't too many good mods that works perfectly with the game offline, but RSRBR have lots of new stages and tons of cars :)

3. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Yeah, download Rallyesim and join us for some club rallying! Great choice you bought RBR.:thumbsup:

4. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

I've been trying to download the packs from rallysim.com but it keeps failing.
    Anyone else had this problem and know of a work around?

5. I've never tried. But have you tried a different browser?

6. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Yup. Ive even tried the torrent route to download it, but that fails too. Im at a lose as to whats happening.

7. Torrents shouldn't fail. What happens exactly? Does the download finish? Do you get a specific error message or something?

8. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

it says its finished, but when i go to where the torrent folder is, theres no sign of it.
    Im wondering if there is something in the file that my anti-virus doesnt like!

9. Same thing happens when you try the regular downloads? Then perhaps it is the anti-virus. A very intrusive anti-virus.

10. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Avast free edition.
    It's been good so far, but there's always a first

11. Have to disable it when downloading and installing. For some reason it really does not like the "Install_RSRBR_v2014.exe" file. For me, that's the only file that gave avast problems, all other update, track, carpack .exe files were fine.

12. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Yep, I have Avast and it doesn't seem to like RSRBR downloads. It reports them as possibly infected even though they are fine.
    Always disable Avast while downloading these files and also disable it while installing also.

If you check over RallyeSim, they have reported this, and they advise turning it off.

13. Hello guys, I tried downloading RSRBR but Avast gets on my nervs. It said there's a Trojan. Should I be worried? Or should I disable my Avast and install it anyway?

14. disable and install.

15. So everything is okay with the install?

16. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Yep, Avast has a habit of reporting false detections, and this one with RSRBR2014 is well known. Just disable it while downloading and installing. :thumbsup:

17. Oh okay, I'm installing everything now.

18. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Yes, you should be safe. I got this problem on my Avira antivir software as well.
    If running the EXE brings you into quarantine, manually exclude the file from surveillance.

19. Also, get the sound pack. I found the sounds in RBR2014 a little screeching and not very realistic.
    Noticed people are using Avast. I have used Avast, Norton, Mcafee and I recommend AVG, because I have never had any slowdowns or virus's, unless I accepted a install. Also, I have used AVG antivirus for many years without any instances with virus's, but I noticed my expensive computer seemed a little slower then usual so recently (2 days)I purchased the tune-up utility and it seems to speed up my system and fix many errors. I am a gamer and cheap, so I have tried many programs to deal with computer problems and after trying the free one time trial, I was convinced.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  20. Which one?Can you give us a link?