• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Modding tyre wear

Discussion in 'F1 2016 - The Game' started by peterthelemon, Sep 13, 2016.

1. peterthelemon

peterthelemon

Ratings:
    +1
    I've been playing around with the tyrecompounds xml to try and reduce the tyre wear, because for me it's way too brutal. I can drive better to reduce wear, but on some tracks it's still not enough.

I've tried shifting the tyres down, US = SS, SS = S etc. and for hard I just increased the value based on the difference between medium and hard. The values I changed were "WearRate" & "WorkEnergyRate".

I thought it was working, but now I'm not sure, I was hoping someone could test it for me or even inject the xml just in case, I had so much trouble trying to do so. I'll upload the xml and the ERP that I managed to inject the xml into, can you guys test this for me and see if you notice the changes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2wNzvedUH8NamV1X3pIcjItTVU

2. Paul Luck

Paul Luck

Ratings:
    +6
    Why not just learn to drive smoother? Not only do you save your tyres but it's actually faster as well. The number of you tube vids I see of "fast laps" where they lock their brakes, understeer into every corner, hit every curb/grass etc makes me laugh as I wonder how long their tyres last.

3. Gopher04

Gopher04
    Old But Not Obsolete.. Premium

Ratings:
    +329
    Yeh have to agree with Paul, the tyre wear is fine, you can actually drive a few laps beyond the life span if you drive smoothly.

4. peterthelemon

peterthelemon

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your input, but it wasn't what I was looking for. If you read the post, I mentioned that I can drive much smoother, but ultimately my tyres still fall off way too fast. I'm using a controller too, so that makes things much worse.

I think I posted this in the wrong section. I'm looking for people who have issues with tyre wear and would like to test this edited xml. I've seen a few posts from people complaining and they all seem to get told to "drive smoothly" too.