General Modders come in many different shapes...

banner mods.jpg

Shaun Clarke
and his Ginetta
Patrik Marek and his Primera (my daily car! not btcc...)
A3DR & aphidgod and their NFS magic
some1 NSX!
garyjpaterson and his lego car :D
Accakut & his KRB's
Stereo genius apps & Monaco on the way
mclarenf1papa and his many
mantasisg
chargingcar ...
and much more people i can't list all of them but you get the idea, even some loon dedicating his life to caterham

Same amount of talented people on the track side
Phoenix77 and his infinite tracks
fat-alfie
Mitja Bonca
Sergio Loro
LilSki
MrSilva
jim lloyd

to name a few...

Did i mention all the skin makers or app developers ?
The download section is pretty busy !

All the people above (and the ones not mentioned but as talented and precious) and their contribution to Assetto are a gift to this community. Their mods, our mods, will make AC last a little longer, and allow people to enjoy themselves a little more.
It's often forgotten how much work a mod can be. How challenging it can get to find free time in a busy world cup drinking pintes, or having to learn new tools to create this content, and constantly finding new ways and workarounds to achieve our goals.

I take this opportunity to thank the community on the forum, always available and willing to offer help when i needed, as well as any other modder stuck facing a new challenge. I am trying to give back what you gave me, trying to answer the "dumb questions thread" when i know the answer. Because modding is sharing !

Thank you was not why i wanted to make this post.​

This is why:
I believe it would be interesting to see more news of all this on the left hand side of RD, in between two news about the great F1 battles. Some interview if people are up to it, some article, behind the scene and what not. Basically a small piece of writing to get to know more who is behind our download section, sometimes reaching tens of thousand of downloads, and what that person has been through to manage to finish his piece of art!
Even article about work in progress mods would be interesting, giving outsiders a better idea of the amount of work needed. It would also give some more motivation to the modder, and a token of gratitude from this very community.

I am mainly on Assetto Corsa forum, so all the people mentioned are from here as well, but it could apply to all the other games as well.

We are not making mods for glory, but i believe a little bit of recognition would be well appreciated.

@Paul Jeffrey and the rest of the RD staff, this message is for you :inlove:

@Paul Jeffrey and the rest of the RD staff, this message is for you :inlove:

I am already planning a series of interviews with the incredibly talented modders we have here at RD ;) however, I am still deciding about how to actually handle these interviews, and when to start (I don't know if this would work during summertime, unless it's a quick, short, easy to read format). Plus, I have to see if it gets approved by Paul :p we'll see mate :)

I am already planning a series of interviews with the incredibly talented modders we have here at RD ;) however, I am still deciding about how to actually handle these interviews, and when to start (I don't know if this would work during summertime, unless it's a quick, short, easy to read format). Plus, I have to see if it gets approved by Paul :p we'll see mate :)

You'd really want to wait on Paul....
Screenshot_5.jpg

(sorry @Paul Jeffrey had to take it :roflmao::roflmao:)

Thanks a ton to you too @Ben O'Bro ... the knowledge you've shared is continuing to help me improve my tracks, through having a better understanding of 3DS Max... You sir are a star! :thumbsup:

And I agree the community spirit on here is awesome.
So many talented modders on here I doubt I'd be able to list them all.

You missed " @Ben O'Bro " off your list! :D

Nice idea though :thumbsup:. It would be quite interesting to read about the more human side of our modders. Not necessarily which software they use, or how long they have been doing it, but more like what motivates them, or how they cope with criticism, how and why they choose their projects, how they research them...

Thanks for the feedback everybody, and thanks for participating :)

I am already planning a series of interviews with the incredibly talented modders we have here at RD ;) however

Glad to hear it was already in the pipelines!

It would be quite interesting to read about the more human side of our modders. Not necessarily which software they use, or how long they have been doing it, but more like what motivates them, or how they cope with criticism, how and why they choose their projects, how they research them...

this yes, a more human aspect to it would be interesting as well! Reminding that none of us are professional, and impatient people that we still have a life outside AC :p

Last edited:
huh, did not think I'd be considered for something like that :x3:

IMO a mix would be nice, I'd like to be able to compare between people, what tools they use, which backgrounds they have etc, and please don't turn it into the "emotion" kind of thing way too many articles on Speedhunters have gone. We can read basically about the food Dino Dalle Carbonare had the day his eyes first fell on the erotic shape of the S14 Silvia... but engine or gearbox of the build car he is actually writing an article about? Doesn't matter :O_o::roflmao:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 144 65.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 100 45.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 103 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 40 18.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 61 27.9%
Back