Mod Version Control?

This is probably an age old question, apologies in advance if it is.

There are some superb mods in this game. I was wondering how you can tell from the game which version of the mods you have installed so when you notice a new entry on RD you can tell whether you have the current version?

This is probably an age old question, apologies in advance if it is.

There are some superb mods in this game. I was wondering how you can tell from the game which version of the mods you have installed so when you notice a new entry on RD you can tell whether you have the current version?
There isn't a real solution sadly.
Some modders put the version number in the title of download-file.
The solution I use though:
Go to the folder of the mod and check for the "creation date". Then compare this to the date of the last update of the mod and you'll see if you are up to date :)

I really wish more modders would take advantage of those capabilities. They can set Author, Version & URL inside of Content Manager if they don't want to manually enter the information into their .json file. It would be really nice if CM allowed that to be locked somehow, but since it's just info taken from the .json file, I doubt there is a way. That would make it tougher to steal other people's work.

There are quite a few people who are using these fields. JackCY & Ben O use these fields for their Caterham's. A3DR uses these fields with all of his vehicles...and so on. Hopefully, more will continue to do so in the near future.

If using JSGME to install mods and tracks ( even more ;) ), create a folder for each mod and track is needed ... that way easy to include the version number in the name you give to that folder.... as the version number is always mentioned in RD download section.

I'm working that way since many years for all sims .... still now even though using CM at the same time for all other needs. ;)
All folders are organized using this kind of naming: TRACKS_nameofthemod_versionnumber
Same for MODS_...... GRAPH_...... APP_ .... SKINPACK_ ...
( nameofthemod always beginning with the main letter of the track, car, app etc... that way, easy to find the right folder as they all appear in alphabetical order. ).

Thanks all! Yep, I wondered whether it would be a manual operation for me. I'm not complaining - the vast majority of mods I have are free, excellent and add to the game. In fact I'd go as far to say that the modding community make the game what it is.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.