MOD CONVERSION

Looking through so many different mods availible for GTR2 specially the JTCC and SUPERGT ones, i was curious wether there's a posibility that these mods can be converted over to Automobilista?
I'm sure its a completely different game engine, but if someone in the community knows how to convert mods over to Automobilista, any guidance or help regarding the mods or which tools are used to convert them would be really appreciated.

The games in this family share many similarities and are often referred to as Gmotor Games or ISI Games. However, each developer likes to give the files different names and compress them in a unique way. For instance, GTR2 has its GTR files, which are compressed folders containing multiple files. Once you learn how to unpack the files and have the right tools, it becomes easier to convert them. The software 3Dsimed is particularly helpful in this regard. However, the real challenge lies in adjusting everything to work and feel correct in the new game since each game has different physics. Of all the ISI Games, Automobilista is the most advanced and has multiple physics-related settings that work differently than the others.

Out of all the games, Rfactor has the largest number of mods. Additionally, there exists a tool that can convert cars and tracks to Automobilista with just a few clicks. However, it's important to note that the physics may not feel accurate, and you'll need to learn how to adjust them. The tool is named "rfactortools-0.3.1.win32".

I believe you may have already come across a website that offers GTR2 mods. If you navigate to the Addon/Misc tab, you will find various collections of tools for GTR2, containing a wealth of valuable information.

And here is a link to what I refer to as the bible Its about Rfactor but the information is invaluable when your getting started.

The games in this family share many similarities and are often referred to as Gmotor Games or ISI Games. However, each developer likes to give the files different names and compress them in a unique way. For instance, GTR2 has its GTR files, which are compressed folders containing multiple files. Once you learn how to unpack the files and have the right tools, it becomes easier to convert them. The software 3Dsimed is particularly helpful in this regard. However, the real challenge lies in adjusting everything to work and feel correct in the new game since each game has different physics. Of all the ISI Games, Automobilista is the most advanced and has multiple physics-related settings that work differently than the others.

Out of all the games, Rfactor has the largest number of mods. Additionally, there exists a tool that can convert cars and tracks to Automobilista with just a few clicks. However, it's important to note that the physics may not feel accurate, and you'll need to learn how to adjust them. The tool is named "rfactortools-0.3.1.win32".

I believe you may have already come across a website that offers GTR2 mods. If you navigate to the Addon/Misc tab, you will find various collections of tools for GTR2, containing a wealth of valuable information.

And here is a link to what I refer to as the bible Its about Rfactor but the information is invaluable when your getting started.
Thanks for the guidance, that's actually extremely helpful!! I'll look into the rfactor mods for sure there's a lot of variety availible there.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.