1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mixed Class @ Vitus Parc Club - Thu 23rd Sep

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Stuart Thomson, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Servername: RD GTL RACING CLUB
    Class: Mixed Class
    Vehicles: Jaguar MkII / Abarth 1000TC / Lotus Elite / Renault 8TS / Lancia Fulvia HF / TVR Grantura
    Track: Vitus Parc Club
    Start Time: 19.00 GMT
    Practice: 20 mins
    Qualification: 10 mins - one timed lap
    Race: 2 x 16 laps
    Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
    Note2: You can choose any 2 cars for these races - although you must use a different car for each race.
    Note3: Default skins only for the mod cars. Please also install the TC65 & GTC65 skinpacks
    Note4: Any version of any of the cars are OK, assuming they have multiple versions within the mods. Abarth TCR not allowed.
    Note5: This is a NON Rankings Point event.

[​IMG]

2. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Entry List

1. Stuart Thomson
    2. Knut Omdal Tveito
    3. Warren Dawes
    4. Nigel Atkins
    5. Hassan Khan
    6. Chris Butcher
    7. Gary Lennon
    8. Carlos Diaz
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Bob Hutchins

3. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

OK - I'm going to give Vitus Parc another go, seeing as how there were some server issues last week affecting more than just us in GTL, but this time the Club circuit.

If, however, we do have another wobbly like last time, and it becomes clear that it is track issues, we'll go to Dijon-Prenois Short as our backup

This is another entirely for fun multi-vehicle event, to gently introduce/audition some mods into the club.

The Grantura, as we know, is a great direct competitor to the Elite, but the Renault 8 & Lancia Fulvia have had pretty major overhauls (TS & HF respectively) since we last tried them, so it's time to give them another chance.

None of the cars are massively fast, but like the European Grand Tourers event previously, that was, and is, not really the point.

This is where we see, with regard to there being no points on offer, if people actually do walk the walk, and not just talk the talk.

4. Me please.

5. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Nice car selection Stu! Sign me up please

6. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Hmmnnnn!!! Lots more new cars for me to try, I should be there. :cool:

7. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Well, Warren, try the Fulvia - it is also Front Wheel Drive (although it feels a bit different to the Mini) :good:

8. stick me down please Thommo :D

9. I'm in :D Sign me up!

10. Cinderella time for me but I'm sure I will be there, I hope.................

11. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Stu, I've sorted my GTL issues with Win 7 (I think) so can you sign me up please? :D

12. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Good news :good:

13. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

OK - the server is up for this event. You can make sure that you can see all the mod cars online.

Because of the way GTL defines the classes and the way the mods are put together, there are a lot more cars than the 6 in this event you can choose from, but only the 6 names vehicles will be allowed in the event.

14. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

The last corner is actually a "join" of 2 pieces of track, and the white line is at a right angle well inside the corner.

We normally run "2 wheels inside the white lines at all times" rule, which would make this corner nearly impossible.

To clear this up, here's the rules for the Last Corner Only:

1. Here's the join, and you can see the white lines intruding well into the corner
    [​IMG]

2. The inside edge of the kerb (marked in red) will become the track boundary until the white lines rejoin the kerb edge at the corner exit. taking a line across the "join" is fine
    [​IMG]

3. As long as 2 wheels are on track inside the kerb on that corner, it is fine.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Had a little test session last night with a few drivers.

The pics above are me in the Renault 8, following Lenno in the (very, very pretty) Fulvia 1600.

The cars for tonight all drive waaaaay different to each other, but end up close-ish on times despite some being quicker on some bits, and some being quicker on others, so it should be a good fun event. :good:

16. Won't be able to make it, have to go pick something up tonight, sorry :(

17. I should make this one please.

18. There's a possibility that I'll have to be on the road for work purposes at the time of the event. It really sucks that Euro club events are right in the middle of my day at 3 PM.
    So please change my entry to a maybe. Had a go last night in all of the cars and was a blast. I'm gonna go with the Jag most likely, it's fun lugging that big car around the track haha.

19. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz
    Happily driving a "girly" car

I'm in, now to download some stuff.

20. David Cuthill

David Cuthill
    Premium Member

3 new cars and a new track for me - count me in please. Better get downloading...