1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Minimum demands on videocard to play RACE?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by superpats[RTS], Jan 11, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I try to find out whats the best minimum graphic card to play Race wtcc. I'm not looking for the most expensive of course but a card to run the game smoothly.
    Please guys tell me what (AGP) card you have.

I know, the Simbin site recommends a 256mb 3d card, but my granny Ti 4800 256mb doesn't understands the game (a directX problem).

My system is ,as you can see ,not up-to-date.
    asus a7n8x amd 2200+ 1024mb nVidea 4800 :oops:

Thanks in advance.
    superpats.

2. dont buy a minimum card just go for a decent card

i play it with the good old ati 9800 pro old but stil good after 4 years

3. hmmm i think minimum is smth like Ge Force 5600. it has to have Pixel Shader 2.0

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

dont buy the minimum, cards are not that expensive! nvidia 7000s should be good i think for this game. I myself use 7600GT twice in SLI

5. I approve stiggy! Let's buy an Nvidia GeForce 7600Gt for 170 euros!
    Let's just verify that the rest of your system can be support it! :p

6. Hi all,

As said above, you should be able to get a good 7 series agp card for your system,especially now the geforce 8800 are out. This game is a bit hard on the graphics, i can play gtr2 maxed out but have to lower the graphics down a bit on this game. Still looks unreal tho...... :shock:

7. I'm playing RACE on a nVidia 7600GS... I can play it on full res and full detail... works just fine. But I'm going to get a new graphic card...

8. Hi all,

for 1 month i played with 4200 ti 8xagp 128mb ram works with
    30 fps now ati 9600 pro 256 mb ram litte bit more on fps
    Both cards have 2 pixelpipelines and the 7600 gt has 12 pipelines
    I plan to buy the 7600 gt

cheap vga offers http://www.alternate.de/html/productDetails.html?artno=JAGHNA
    139€

regards myself

9. On what quality can you play RACE with the Nvidia GeForce 7600Gt??
    Because i have the Ati Radeon X800GT (still +-200 euro) and i have to play RACE on Medium quality otherwise i get lags on my screen when i'm driving online... :?

[​IMG]

10. I've got a ATI radion 9800Pro and running on MAX.. without FPS-lagg.
    Maybe its the computer/system setup?

11. Bram

Bram

i play all games at maximum graphic details (if possible i put it even higher, but for now thats not possible) but please note that i dont use one videocard but TWO! I use two 7600GT's in SLI modus. So its not 256MB but 2x256=512MB!

12. SICK :D!!! How much did that cost??

13. That's right.. stiggy is sickky :) ;)

14. Bram

Bram

pfff dunno, but its not that sick anymore :lol: you should see the new systems that have direct|X10 compatible cards in combination with Quad core processors they have SLI with 8800GTX cards

http://www.paradigit.nl/configurator.php?system=1983

15. Men, Ati is dead... 8)
    Let's buy for Nvidia but PureOwnange the graphic quality also depends of the rest of your pc! :wink:
    At the worst, let's chose the 8800GT :p (for only 630euros)

16. for that price i buy a 8800 gtx(609€)
    and a GTS for (489€)

in my new system there will be place for a 8800GTS

17. Looool for ONLY!!!??? 630 euro :D Another Sicko !! :p

18. I use a geforce 7950gx2, and if i play with max settings at 1680x1050 the fps is about 40-70 but can drop down to about 15 especially at somewhere like macau. But drop some settings down to medium, but still at 1680x1050 i get over 100-150, which is what i want playing driving games.. :D . Yet playing GTR2 i can max that game out at 1680x1050 with 35 cars and still get 100 fps which looks amazing.. :shock: . I don't know why RACE is so hard on the graphics when it looks just as good as GTR2... :roll:

19. my system is not up to date so i think i can not play race radeon 9200 series 128MB 512MB Ram and intel 4 2,66GHZ is not enough,or?

20. hmm I think you will be able to play, but maybe not in it's full glory... :) I also don't have a up to date graphic card, but I do can play it well...