Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
header.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Class: Austin Mini Cooper S (Default)
Track: Early Brands Hatch (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00
Qualification start time: GMT 19.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (12 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.10 (12 laps)

Note1: You must download and install this livery pack (Download) Install to: \GTL\GameData\Teams\TC-65\Mini Cooper S
Note2: If you do not have a livery in the pack, you must use a default skin.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Senad Subasic
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito
  4. Jack Smith
  5. Peter van Zanten
  6. Andreas Scholz
  7. Hans Sneep
  8. Warren Dawes
  9. Simon Bacon
  10. David Cuthill
  11. Roland Warmenhoven
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Got pole in race 1, but @Knut Omdal Tveito didn't qualify, so not really that deserved.

Messed up the start (TM) (C), and lost 5-6 positions with a little push and shove in the first 200 metres. Took advantage of some errors and incidents up front, and eventually got to 1st.

Knut right behind me, starting from last. He was a bit faster, so I got nervous, then couldn't do a clean lap to save my life, which meant that Knut was actually a lot faster.
Tried defensive driving, but felt I was blocking too much, dunno. We ended up side by side in the last corner of the last lap, and he got ahead by +0.024 seconds. Awesome :thumbsup:

2nd in quali 2, and a better start. Somehow I stayed in 3rd of 4th place.
Had some nice clean laps with @Roland Warmenhoven, good fun that.

The rest is a blur. Except an incident with @Stuart Thomson in one of those fast right-handers in the middle section.
Stuart was on the inside. I thought he'd slot in behind, but neither of us gave up, and I think we both braked much too late, and went off. He waited, but I felt responsible, and I would've (or did) went off on my own anyway. I waited for him on the next straight. But he was having none of it, and slowed down again, so I figured we better press on before we lose even more time :D

Should I have given up that corner?

The rest, again, a blur. All I know is that ended way too soon :D

Big thanks to Stuart for organizing it, and for providing the awesome skins. Had loads of fun. Not just because I was somewhat competitive, and even claimed my first win :D
Gotta love the Minis, always nice and close racing.

Got pole in race 1, but @Knut Omdal Tveito didn't qualify, so not really that deserved.

Messed up the start (TM) (C), and lost 5-6 positions with a little push and shove in the first 200 metres. Took advantage of some errors and incidents up front, and eventually got to 1st.

Knut right behind me, starting from last. He was a bit faster, so I got nervous, then couldn't do a clean lap to save my life, which meant that Knut was actually a lot faster.
Tried defensive driving, but felt I was blocking too much, dunno. We ended up side by side in the last corner of the last lap, and he got ahead by +0.024 seconds. Awesome :thumbsup:
I didn't notice any blocking, all good stuff:thumbsup: But I feel a bit bad snatching 1st there, it should have been your win. I was hoping to have a few more laps battling with you, especially going side-by-side towards the 1st corner, but suddenly it was over.

Anyways, so much fun tonight and what a lovely track with the Mini. And thanks Stuart and all of you for a great series:thumbsup:

I had to be there for the last event..... :) i could not miss although ill pay the price in the morning ... it was worth it ...:cry: ...

I had good fun but it was all a bit of a mess i couldn't concentrate so settled for a nice pace.. i had to stop half way through race 1 and take a breather ...and watched the battle unfold.... And wow what a finish. i dint know whether to :roflmao: or :cry: ... it was so close between Senad and Knut....

Race 2 i was going to finish if it Killed me .... it nearly did:sick: but we got to the end with a smile on my face:) .. I nearly quit as it looked like Knut was about to do the same to Roland....but i crossed the line to finish.....

Thanks for a great event and congrats to all who entered ... and wd Stuart and Knut for there dedicated hard work that allows us this much fun...

Sorry to all on Tspeak for spoiling breakfast ( Warren) ,and given sleepless nights to others .. there's never a photo when you need it .. :redface:...

Some good fun again with the GTL crowd. First On-Line run with my PC since the "Upgrade", and it all seemed to work as it should.

Bit disappointed in myself today though, I managed to interfere with Jack's great run in Race 1, and then managed a little touch with him again in Race 2. It took the gloss off what was a very nice car & track combo.

I always struggle to find the best lines around Brands, but at least the Mini is foregiving.
Race 1 was pretty hectic and very close (as expected in Mini's) and I was having a really nice battle with Jack, who was driving very well near the front. :thumbsup: Over the fast middle section, I came up to Jack a bit quicker, and as Jack zigged left, I tried to zag right but just tapped his rear, spinning him into the fence. Very sorry Jack :redface:. I waited and resumed behind Jack, but kept plenty of distance between us from then on.

Race 2, another busy start with everyone closely bunched. Approaching the tight right hander, Jack and I touched side by side, unsettling him, but he recovered nicely. Sorry again Jack, I think we both moved slightly towards the center of the track and touched, but I was surprised that it affected you so much. Good fun racing after that.

Actually, I'm getting a bit worried about the reaction of the cars when I touch someone. Both touches today were extremely slight (looking at my replays), but the car's reactions were pretty severe. I am always worried about my ping rate (being soooo far away from the Server) which is higher than the others, so I usually leave more room just in case of lag. In the Mini's the racing is much closer and harder to give the same room. It's unusual to me, as I regularly see others touching much harder without any adverse reaction :unsure:.
Some of the other cars definitely started lagging when I was closer, so maybe I have to be even more careful ( or move to Europe if I want to race in GTL ;) ).

Thanks to all who joined, and thanks again to Stuart for another top event (series).

Too bad it has to end? BDERvfw... cat typing on keyboard.... anyway, too bad the series is over but we now can look forward to the next chapter in GTL racing. It was a good night of racing for me. I didn't finish that high in the standings as usual but I had moments of driving with the bigs guys, holding a similar pace for a bit and I could see the front runners for a while off in the distance.... meaning I usualy don't see the front runners. Had a good view of Rupe passing me while I was on my roof facing backwards. I thought that I had crossed a drop-off while negotiating the grass/access pavement returning to track because the car did a couple front somersaults when crossing the grey area but replay shows no drop-off. I quess the difference in terrain caused a slight nose dive which catapulted the car. Had a few battles with Hans and Peter after that near the end of Race 2.

Fun as always with no serious injuries.. Wd to Knut and Roland, all podiums, and to Senad who moved his game to a new level tonight, this morning, and this afternoon.

Thanks Stew for your efforts.

Never a problem Warren... all good fun. Don't worry your pretty head over that. As they say in some countries...it 's not as bad as sitting on a broken coke bottle now is it. :p

Bit disappointed in myself today though, I managed to interfere with Jack's great run in Race 1, and then managed a little touch with him again in Race 2. It took the gloss off what was a very nice car & track combo.

Thanks for waiting Warren:)

Was a fun evening, thanks to Jack Smith for sorting out a few things in Practice:) Didn't do too well in either qualifying sessions and Race 1 was a bit of a 'mare despite jumping a couple of folks with probably the best start I've ever made. S/G received for using too much exit at the hairpin put pay to that though.:rolleyes:

Race 2 was better, kept a consistent pace and rhythm and finished without too much incident. The only overtake I made was a couple of chaps who seemed to have fell over each other, I'm not sure, to be honest it was more enjoyable chasing them down.

Thanks to Stuart for the organisation and everyone for some clean racing. Nice to get back into GTL again. Quite tempted by Thursday's meeting now:)

It was good fun,:)
Race 1 after a S/G in the third lap had a nice race with Simon but lost contact after a barralroll !!.

Race 2 hold contact for a couple of laps an found Jack on my way having an old fashion battle but could not hold him of,but great Fun.

Great Series Stuart,well organised thanks for that !! nice racing with all the guys,thanks for that to!!
ps can't wait on my new Alfa;)

Sorry I'm a bit late to say some proper Thank Yous. This was a great finale to a very british, but nonetheless great series. Them Mini's are great, they make for awesome close racing, and these races were no exception! Had some great fun with Jack, Senad and others and even managed a pole and win in 2nd race!!! As Senad said though, with Knut starting from the back it wasn't like I was the quickest driver, but I still had a 0.91 sec margin at the end! THANK YOU, to whoever held him up as long as they could:roflmao:.

Thank You to Stuart for an excellent Mini series with many different styles of track, and Thank You to all my fellow racers for some very memorable battles and great racing all the way!

You all have an excellent summer holiday and @Rupe Wilson Get well soon mate!
I don't think historic simracing is an olympic discipline now is it, so I hope to CYA in a few weeks!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%