Cars Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupé (WIP)

These are not directly loopable samples. ;)
I gotta admit I never fully worked out how to get good samples from YouTube, but I know how to get a decent result in FMOD.

• Deleted member 223075

Yeah but i can't find any loopable samples. All we have is Youtube videos. Or if we have chance to find someone have this car and have permission to record the sound from the real car (but i don't belive on it).

Fonsecker did a very good tutorial about it from A to Z
youtube video, extract, loopable samples, fmod etc.

that's what i used to make the Caterham 1700 sound
half sound i recorded on mine, half from youtube videos
well worth 40min to watch & learn!

Probably the same as it's been for the last 10 posts, if someone provides loopable sound clips the car will be released, if not it won't

• Deleted member 223075

Probably the same as it's been for the last 10 posts, if someone provides loopable sound clips the car will be released, if not it won't

I know !!!! I asked GTAce because i know that i recorded samples for him and he tell me that with these samples he will be able to start with Fmod.

Yes indeed – very sophisticated (at least for the time it was created) and one of the most beautiful cars ever build.
Seems to be the same problem as with the Auto-Union C type and the Mercedes-Benz W 125.
The model is there, but the right sound is missing.
But,
There is nothing wrong about releasing such a beautiful model with a placeholder sound. (like mantasisg and garyjpaterson did) That may attract the attention of some of the rare sound crafters and after some time and development we might get a perfect mod instead of a great mod which is fun to use anyway. (In case of the C-type it looks as if this is going to happen sooner or later)

The and W196S use the same Straight-8 As the Uhlenhaut Coupe (I know it is probably well known) but that could mean more sources to take sound samples from, or asking other modder that has done a W196S mod If the sound could be used on the Uhlenhaut coupe. (sorry if this wasn´t any help)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.