1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

McLaren F1 GTR @ Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Setups' started by The Spidie, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Has anyone done any setup work with this car? I have a race on Sunday I would like to participate in but I am having a heck of a time with this car.
  2. What group is hosting the race? I might make a setup if I find some racers who like the car as me.
  3. No Grip Racing on Sundays
  4. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    #555 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium Member

Quick set made on the first day, easily the best car to drive. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

• Q.ini
      File size:
      1.1 KB
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks, I'll give it a try.
  6. Thanks Cristian. I just ran a quick lap with your setup and I noticed a marked improvement in the handling. Thanks again for your willingness to help out a new member.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    #555 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium Member

It's my favorite sim car by a mile, noting even comes close. Kunos really out did themselves and they could have easily overlooked it, it would have been a failure this dlc for me.
  8. First attempt:

6,58, about 10 seconds away from the current fastest time at RSR live timing. I can probably scrub 3-4 seconds off this time but I'll post a setup later when I get a more polished one.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. That was a nice run. I think the fastest lap in our group was a 7,04. Our next race is at Silverstone in the Sauber C9 on Sunday. Any help with that race would be appreciated.
  10. So heres my final setup. Might not suit everyone but it's fast for me.

Attached Files:

11. Damn! Please tell me how to make the game look that good :D
  12. I'm using the project carmen post processing filter there, normal clear weather with the standard pp filter. Look great indeed although my low res video doesnt give it a proper presentation.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I can't get anywhere near your time if I even make it to get a valid lap with this car :'( guess I'm still new to this

When I use sequential mode it over-revs when upshifting so I have to let go off throttle to switch to higher gears and you don't?

Good setup makes the car handle alot better for me
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  14. What graphics card are you using? Do other tracks look that nice?
  15. I think you need quite some power for that graphic mod, when I tested it with a single GTX 780 OC at 5760x1080 my FPS weren't above 60 anymore, and with SLI enabled even worse because Assetto Corsa runs super bad on SLI :thumbsdown:
  16. It's just practice. Nordschleife is such a long track so the times differ much more from one to the next. Needs much practice this track.

I always use the paddle shifters on the wheel. Pro mode and this car doesnt need any clutch used. No problems for me there.
  17. I think all tracks look really nice with this mod yes. My pc isnt that high end I think, beginning to be quite old. Thinking about updating my graphics card when I can afford it.

I had to check. It's a GTX 580. I run it at 1920/1080. Not all settings turned to highest in game. I'm at about 75-80 fps mostly.
  18. what folder do you place the extracted files in?