• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

McLaren F1 GTR @ Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Setups' started by The Spidie, Mar 13, 2015.

1. The Spidie

The Spidie

Ratings:
    +1
    Has anyone done any setup work with this car? I have a race on Sunday I would like to participate in but I am having a heck of a time with this car.

2. Tomas Torasen

Tomas Torasen

Ratings:
    +95
    What group is hosting the race? I might make a setup if I find some racers who like the car as me.

3. The Spidie

The Spidie

Ratings:
    +1
    No Grip Racing on Sundays

4. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    #555 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium

Ratings:
    +401
    Quick set made on the first day, easily the best car to drive. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

• Q.ini
      File size:
      1.1 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The Spidie

The Spidie

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

6. The Spidie

The Spidie

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Cristian. I just ran a quick lap with your setup and I noticed a marked improvement in the handling. Thanks again for your willingness to help out a new member.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    #555 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium

Ratings:
    +401
    It's my favorite sim car by a mile, noting even comes close. Kunos really out did themselves and they could have easily overlooked it, it would have been a failure this dlc for me.

8. Tomas Torasen

Tomas Torasen

Ratings:
    +95
    First attempt:

6,58, about 10 seconds away from the current fastest time at RSR live timing. I can probably scrub 3-4 seconds off this time but I'll post a setup later when I get a more polished one.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. The Spidie

The Spidie

Ratings:
    +1
    That was a nice run. I think the fastest lap in our group was a 7,04. Our next race is at Silverstone in the Sauber C9 on Sunday. Any help with that race would be appreciated.

10. Tomas Torasen

Tomas Torasen

Ratings:
    +95
    So heres my final setup. Might not suit everyone but it's fast for me.

Attached Files:

11. Karenius

Karenius

Ratings:
    +2
    Damn! Please tell me how to make the game look that good :D

12. Tomas Torasen

Tomas Torasen

Ratings:
    +95
    I'm using the project carmen post processing filter there, normal clear weather with the standard pp filter. Look great indeed although my low res video doesnt give it a proper presentation.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Karenius

Karenius

Ratings:
    +2
    I can't get anywhere near your time if I even make it to get a valid lap with this car :'( guess I'm still new to this

When I use sequential mode it over-revs when upshifting so I have to let go off throttle to switch to higher gears and you don't?

Good setup makes the car handle alot better for me

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  14. The Spidie

The Spidie

Ratings:
    +1
    What graphics card are you using? Do other tracks look that nice?

15. Karenius

Karenius

Ratings:
    +2
    I think you need quite some power for that graphic mod, when I tested it with a single GTX 780 OC at 5760x1080 my FPS weren't above 60 anymore, and with SLI enabled even worse because Assetto Corsa runs super bad on SLI :thumbsdown:

16. Tomas Torasen

Tomas Torasen

Ratings:
    +95
    It's just practice. Nordschleife is such a long track so the times differ much more from one to the next. Needs much practice this track.

I always use the paddle shifters on the wheel. Pro mode and this car doesnt need any clutch used. No problems for me there.

17. Tomas Torasen

Tomas Torasen

Ratings:
    +95
    I think all tracks look really nice with this mod yes. My pc isnt that high end I think, beginning to be quite old. Thinking about updating my graphics card when I can afford it.

I had to check. It's a GTX 580. I run it at 1920/1080. Not all settings turned to highest in game. I'm at about 75-80 fps mostly.

18. The Spidie

The Spidie

Ratings:
    +1
    what folder do you place the extracted files in?