McLaren 720S GT3 Coming to rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 McLaren 720S GT3 1.jpg

rFactor 2 have revealed the next new car of the upcoming #rfchallengers DLC - the world exclusive sim racing debut of the brand new McLaren 720S GT3!

Confirmed as coming to the sim alongside the Porsche 911 GT3 R, BMW M6, Audi R8 LMS and one as yet unannounced licence, the confirmation today by Studio 397 of the impending release of the McLaren 720S GT3 is something of a coup for the studio - beating Assetto Corsa Competizione out the blocks as the first racing simulation to feature the latest, and potentially greatest, GT racing car from the formidable McLaren Automotive organisation.

With this latest announcement we now have four of the upcoming five car pack confirmed, leaving just a little bit of room for speculation as to the final model will be before we get our hands on the cars within the sim ourselves - I can't wait!

rFactor 2 McLaren 720S GT3 2.jpg
rFactor 2 McLaren 720S GT3 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Just because some series adopt it and allow it to run with GT3s doesn't make it a true GT3. GT3 is a class run by the FIA and it isn't on there list of homologated cars. There's no road car. One of the defining characteristics of GT3 is that they are based on road going production cars. That's the reason why it runs in the SP-X class at Nurburgring instead of the SP-9 class.

true but it participates in several GT3 series, "since the end of 2015 Renault Sport has been offering a €10,500 kit aimed at reducing the performance of the RS01. The goal? Make the fight fairer against GT3s, to convince the organizers of the main championships to accept the RS01 on the grid. Target achieved: in 2016, GT Tour, Blancpain GT Sports Club, VdeV and 24H Series will tolerate these "disabled" RS01s."

source: https://www.largus.fr/actualite-aut...ncaise-plus-rapide-quune-ferrari-7646384.html

If you wife is Chilly, get her a sweater. Yank, 'Merican, USof Aer, The Communist State of Kalifornia wants to split into 3. so If I take my socks off, that would be...uhm ...more. Fun fact: You can fit most of Europe inside the borders of Texas.(not all, but a-lot)
Nah mate my Wife's from Chile (Chilli) , she's hot ;)
USA has approximately 300 million more people than Australia yet land size is comparable, we have room to breath here ;)
#luckycountry

Attachments

• IMG_20181222_091342.jpg
    IMG_20181222_091342.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
I don't think the new pack is on sale. The original GT3 pack is on sale & there is a bundle of the GT3, Endurance pack & Sebring (GT Bundle) on sale also.

Sorry, I was wrong. I saw GT3 cars here and then went to the rF2 Steam store and saw GT3 pack on sale. Didn't dig in to realize there will be two different GT3 packs....!!!! Mildly confusing, especially since neither will have full fields with proper (looking) liveries like other sims.

I suspect it won't take long for painters to add skins. There is going to be official rF2 sponsored online racing through the Holidays. Plenty of opportunity to drive against other GT3 AND allow S397 to keep testing the competition portion of the new UI.
Texas = France? are you sure yer not comparing square kilometers to square miles? ;> (& I never said you could fit all of Europe into Texas, just "a-lot")
REMEMBER!!! the GT3 pack is the older content. If you are planning on purchasing the new pak with the 720s and the invisible Aston, then you want the rFCHALLENGERS pack.

Texas = France? are you sure yer not comparing square kilometers to square miles?
Actually, I did make a mistake, you're right. I looked at the total area of France territory (650 thousand sq. km), not at the mainland area (550 thousand sq. km). So there would be a bit more space left in Texas (690 thousand sq. km) than just France, yes. So you could perhaps throw in say Hungary (90 thousand sq. km) and perhaps Belgium (30 thousand sq. km).

I never said you could fit all of Europe into Texas, just "a-lot"
Well, in case you're one of those people who count like "1, 2, 3, a lot", then I guess less than 7 percent of Europe's area (as mentioned before, 10 *million* square kilometers) fitted into Texas could indeed be considered "a lot" (or "a-lot", if you like). Otherwise...no, not really, and you should probably stop defending your rather bizarre "fun fact".

(In fact, here's an actual - factually correct - fun fact for you: you could fit all US territory into the area of Europe, and there would still be some space left.)

All: Apologies for this OT, but I'm sure you understand...

duty_calls.png

Last edited:
I suspect it won't take long for painters to add skins.

We are working hard to get good documentation out on how to properly paint new liveries for these cars. The new system allows you to use different materials on each single livery and obviously this means the process of painting needs to be slightly different. Expect that info to be out in January. Until then, I would not recommend trying. You don't have a template yet, nor a way to set materials, so enjoy racing the cars first and we will catch up while you are having a good time. :)

We are working hard to get good documentation out on how to properly paint new liveries for these cars. The new system allows you to use different materials on each single livery and obviously this means the process of painting needs to be slightly different. Expect that info to be out in January. Until then, I would not recommend trying. You don't have a template yet, nor a way to set materials, so enjoy racing the cars first and we will catch up while you are having a good time. :)
Thanks for new new Content, it looks great.
One question about your sale on Steam, have you sorted Steam to give discount on packs that we already own part of? Eg. I already have Sebring and a couple of the GT3 cars and would like to buy the packs to get the rest, would I get charged the whole price or like R3E would I get a reduced price only on the parts I don't have? It seems kinda sucky if I have to buy the same cars again just to get the others!

Nah mate my Wife's from Chile (Chilli) , she's hot ;)
USA has approximately 300 million more people than Australia yet land size is comparable, we have room to breath here ;)
#luckycountry
I'm so tempted to use another silly malatrop, something about your wife being hot.....and of course she's hot. All chilies are hot...especially that ghost one....but no...I will refrain... ;> Anyhow, congrats, pass on my well wishers to her.

Is anyone else having trouble with the 720S? The one car I want to drive most out of that pack and it doesnt show up in game :/. I tried reinstalling the entire game, but no good.
The install thing says it's there but I just cant select it. I've enjoyed the rest of the pack so far.
*edit* Disregard. I fixed it. Couldnt work out how to delete this comment though sorry.

Solution: apparantly I was on the wrong version of the game for the 720S to work. After updating it showed up in the cars list. I dont know if you need to unsubscribe from it before updating, I unsubbed and subbed too many times to remember where I was at when i updated, but the update was the thing to fix it.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having trouble with the 720S? The one car I want to drive most out of that pack and it doesnt show up in game :/. I tried reinstalling the entire game, but no good.
The install thing says it's there but I just cant select it. I've enjoyed the rest of the pack so far.
*edit* Disregard. I fixed it. Couldnt work out how to delete this comment though sorry.

Good to hear the problem is fixed. Instead of deleting the comment, why not edit it to include the solution you found?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.