MC12 FIA GT 2008 Engie

Hello,

I noticed that in the Mod FIA GT 2008, but not only, the Maserati MC12 when the engine break the flames and the fire come out of the front hood and not from the rear where the engine is located.
How can you change the exit of the flames of MC12 and bring them as in the original models without changing physics?

Thanks for your help and advice!

PS ..title error: engine, no engie... sorry!

Last edited:
Hello

You just need 3Dsimed for changing the position of the xxxxxx_backfire.gmt of the car in order to match the exhausts position of course.
Modify it and save it.

Are you used to 3Dsimed ?

NB: you need first to use Geditor in order to export this GMT from the .gtr2 file.

I don't think it's the GMT file, because the images are the same as the original. Only the position changes where flames and smoke come out.
I think it's something inside the ENG file, only I don't understand if they are all voices that could change the physics of the engine or not.
Some idea? Thank you!

If this MC-12 uses its own .gtr file it's possible something didn't get mapped properly. The textures are applied to the gmt file, so wherever they are appearing is where the gmt file is located, even if the rest of the car seems normal.

Hello

.... you need first to use Geditor in order to export this GMT from the .gtr2 file.
How? When I so much as highlight a gmt file in GEditor it throws an error popup, and there is no option to export or import. (Works fine with image files.)

@jgf
When you have this probem,
- Close and Open a tex.gtr2 file
- From the File Menu reload the GMT.gtr2 which you just tried before
- choose the GMT you need ( Clicking OK for the 2 mentioned errors )
You'll notice then that all actions will be available and perfectly working.

If there's a texture file at the top of the list in the GTR2 file, there's no problem.
But with a gmt at the top .... this problem occurs.

Last edited:
Hi @RaceLM24,

I think the error is in the .eng (engine) file. I downloaded the FIA GT 2008 mod, and I observed that the Vitaphone_Racing.eng file (in the Maserati MC12 folder) has an incorrect EngineEmission coordinates. If you can, open the file with a notepad (the one that comes with Windows should be enough), and search the EngineEmission entry. Replace the values in this entry for the ones you will find in JMB_Racing.eng. I think that it should be fixed this way.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 37 38.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 53 54.6%