MAJOR issues with Sim-plicity Ollie’s Kit?

A few months ago I purchased a SimuCube SW20 direct drive wheel system from Sim-plicity. I know Ollie (Sim-plicity) is a well known and seemingly respected guy in the sim racing community, but I’ve been treated very unprofessionally by him and his team.

After using the SW20 for a while it eventually developed a problem, so I sent it off to Sim-plicity to test it. After they confirmed they couldn’t actually find a problem with it, they instantly gave me a refund WITHOUT ANY prompt or suggestion from me. This is not what I wanted at all, and I found it very strange they’d just take the wheel away from me even though they found nothing wrong with it.

After WEEKS of me sending them multiple emails asking why they did this and for them to return the wheel to me and reverse the refund they finally replied with an email that completely ignored everything I’d asked them, and simply asked me if I’d received my refund...

On top of this I’d also requested that we speak on the phone; this they did not address at all. Many more weeks have passed since then, with me sending them multiple emails, and they’ve still not replied.

So not only have they completely ignored everything I’ve said and asked, they’re now blatantly ignoring all my attempts at communication. By the way, I cannot simply buy another wheel from them as I purchased mine when there was a summer discount sale on, which took off a massive amount of money.

All I want is my wheel back - I purchased a high end gaming PC purely for my Sim rig, but it’s now redundant as they’ve just taken my wheel from me.

Has anyone else been mistreated by this company? I’m so desperate to resolve this situation and any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS. Again, it’s extremely important to me I get this wheel back - I’ve invested so much money in this and I feel absolutely shocked and upset at the LACK OF HONESTY they’re demonstrating.

All the best,
Max Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and,
If your gearchange or pedals are erratic ingame with osw mige kits IT most likely an EMI issue.
I have learned that you need to earth both the mige, the box with electronics in that cintrols the mige AND your pedals controller/pcb.

Upvote 0
Oh and,
If your gearchange or pedals are erratic ingame with osw mige kits IT most likely an EMI issue.
I have learned that you need to earth both the mige, the box with electronics in that cintrols the mige AND your pedals controller/pcb.
I think whether this is necessary depends on which OSW kit you have and possibly which Firmware you are running. I’ve had a simracingbay small Mige with IONI and SimuCUBE for over a year, no additional earthing and never had any EMI problems.

Upvote 0
I think whether this is necessary depends on which OSW kit you have and possibly which Firmware you are running. I’ve had a simracingbay small Mige with IONI and SimuCUBE for over a year, no additional earthing and never had any EMI problems.
With my kit I did have to sort out grounding issues when I first got it, however they didn’t solve my main issue. I believe it was something to do with the the update rate of the wheel not matching that of RFactor 2; it should be easy to change but RFactor 2 removed the option to be able to tweak it.

Upvote 0
Oh and,

Ground it to what? I'm interested in buying an OSW kit but afraid of the EMI issues. I'll be pairing it with HE Pro pedals and shifter on an 80/20. Are the EMI issues ever completely resolved? Or should I just wait for Fanatec Podium and their supposed solution to EMI problems?

Upvote 0
I have a sim racing bay OSW I purchased in the beginning of the year and I have no grounding issues with my OSW and I also have to HE Pro Pedal. The pro pedals might have a grounding issue unrelated to the OSW, HE offers a ground cable for the pedals and I think it is free, I hooked up the ground for the pro pedals just in case there might be a problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ground it to what? I'm interested in buying an OSW kit but afraid of the EMI issues. I'll be pairing it with HE Pro pedals and shifter on an 80/20. Are the EMI issues ever completely resolved? Or should I just wait for Fanatec Podium and their supposed solution to EMI problems?

EMI issues are pot luck most dont have any issues and like myself a small few do.

I had months of issues and finally fixed the interference with my he pros from the mige servo kit by,
1) 1x Earth/grounding wire from the alloy simrig to the outside of my pc case and 2x Earth/Ground wire from Simrig alloy to screw on Servo controller case.
3) Earth wire from one of servo mount bolts to alloy sim rig..

Easy enough job.

The main issue for me as far as I can tell came from the 10ft long unsheilded power cable from controller box to the servo.
1) If I had it looped = he pro fault,
2) If I had it tucked into slots/grooves in sides of my simrig trying to tidy it up (homemade and built from 40x40 and 40x120 alloy extrusion) = he pro fault.

I can only assume its chinese wiring and sime get good qaulity cable and a few don't ?

My next purchase will be fully sheilded 4 core cable(about £4 a metre) and I will use it to replace the non sheilded cable of the servos power cable. And Once I decide were going to place the servo control box I plan on making all 3 servo cables as short as I can have. All 3 cables are each 10ft long rightnow and I think I can get away with around 3ft cables. Shorter is better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would consider waiting to redo the cables until after the new bliss encoder because bliss does require a different cable connector

Tom,
Thats on my future plan purchases. Just not wanting to pay the 178 euro inc taxes and shipping that cost of one is to buy today. Running 2m Sincos encoder already.

Upvote 0
That's exactly how I feel, cost plus shipping and then the VAT. I have the 2.1 mil encoder also and I am very happy with it for now. Eventually I will upgrade to the bliss but I'm not in a big hurry to do it.

Upvote 0
Aaaaaand... there's me put off buying an OSW any time soon.
I don't want to invite any further complications into my simming, thankyouverymuch. Everything currently just 'works'.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

What most people call EMI is simple ground loop, that just needs fixed grounding.
Same problem as using computer USB as music source to external equipment.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 13.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 34 13.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 31 12.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 83 32.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 147 57.9%