1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Low ping / lag

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Stan Getz, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Stan Getz

Stan Getz
    Premium Member

Preparing everything to go online racing. Last days i did some online races but when the race started i had much too much lag. I saw I had a low ping (between 20 and 30). I checked my connection (speedtest) and that was oke. 123 Mbit download en 12,20 Mbit upload.

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM)i5 CPU 750@ 2.67 GHZ
    RAM: 4,00GB

I did some Race 07 in the past with this PC and then everything worked fine.

Someone got an idea?

Many thx in advance and hope to see you online!
  2. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff Premium Member

Check on pingtest.net for packet loss. Because your connection looks awesome.
  3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

What was the car/track combo?
    What server was it?
    How many people online?
    What are your ingame network settings?
  4. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

You may suffer from a little bit of packet loss. Assetto Corsa seems to be ultra sensitive to packet loss, so you could have a ping of 1, and still jump about if you're connection has some packet loss.
  5. Stan Getz

Stan Getz
    Premium Member

24 cars online
    track mugello
    The rest I will check. When i saw 1 or 2 cars i could race. When i saw over 5 or 6 cars the lag started. Online settings I will check

I also gonna check packet loss

6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

It might be the server capacitity. Lots depent on the qualty of the server.

You might want to try the Racedepartment server. ;)
  7. Stan Getz

Stan Getz
    Premium Member

Yep! Definitely going to premium! Race 07 / race department a few years ago where very nice races.
  8. Hey Stan...what was it like playing with Kenny Barron?
  9. Stan Getz

Stan Getz
    Premium Member

i checked pingtest.net. A pop-up came automatically and said that my java was out dated. Downloaded the right versiom of java and afterthat online racing went fine!

thx all
  10. xnorb

Premium Member

Are we talking about "lag" (aka: Network data is lost on the way from/to you) and cars are warping all over the place or are we talking about graphical stuttering / low FPS?

For the latter, it has nothing to do with your network connection.

Java could only be a coincidence, don't know how that would affect AC at all.
  11. Stan Getz

Stan Getz
    Premium Member

Cars were warping all over the place. Java was out of date (as I mentioned) but also something which sends data to my router was broken. This could only effect my television but maybe also my connection. So in fact two things where broken.

But, everything is oke now. Better look in your review mirror...stan is closing in! ;)