1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lotus Exos 125 S1 @ Imola

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Setups' started by Qazdar Karim, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium Member

Still working on the setup ! and also working on corners :D
    Any tips on how to get faster lap are welcome !

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  2. thanks
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks so much for posting the video too. Shaved a second off just by observing a few of your corner approaches. I'm still 2+ seconds off though, lots to improve. Cheers!
  4. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium Member

Thanks, i am still waiting for a 1:24:xxx lap video too :D

I'm too scared of some corners,you can easily get your lap invalidated on this circuit ! no way to go over kerbs on the chicane for example ! or drive on those green ones !
  5. Out of curiosity what FOV do you use for the Lotus?
  6. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium Member

reset to default then start adjusting it using +/- until you see full mirrors !
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. @misterbeam
    The Traction in this setup is amazing mate i made a bit more stiff at rear for Silverstone and found half a second over my previous best time.
    Thank you very much for your setup and i will try this in Imola as well :thumbsup:
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium Member

Yeah thanks ! I improved to 1.24.9 ... my theoretical PB is 1.24.05 ! but hard to gather all those 3 sectors in one lap :D (23.4 + 32.05 +28.6) !

You are right about silverstone ! you really need to make the car very stiff, i use Klaus Ellenbrand setup for that track ! he went for a 100% stiff setup ! (140 - 140 wheel rate and 300 on the rear packer),my best there is 1.38.302,can't find the right line to get middle 42s in the second sector !
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  9. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I am extremely confused. After uploading your set-up, and watching your video (nice lap) I cannot for the life of me brake at nearly the force you break without locking up?

Anything over half brake force and I lock up? Is this a problem with my settings? (Brake Gamma 1.00?)
  10. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium Member

Use 1.00 only if you have a load cell brake pedal ! (i have g27 with normal pedal it's set to 2.40 by default )

I also leave a delay between the moment i start braking and the moment i start to downshift ! i dont start downshifitng with the braking !
  11. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

I have a G25, so load cell indeed!

So do I, but even when I don't change down gear, I lock up after 50% brake pressure, regardless of what speed I'm going.. starting to think there may be some settings wrong somewhere, as this is bizarre.
  12. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium Member

G25 pedals use potentiometers not load cells ! unless you have modded them !

PS: i updated the video ,it's a 1.24 lap now !
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  13. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

So how much am I losing (braking wise) from not having loaded cells? This could explain my extreme frustration at not being able to brake where the top guys break in online videos!
  14. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

Test125339.ini is a great setup :D Already lost 2 seconds from my best lap :) (Still 1:28.7 so have a lot to improve)
  15. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
  16. What traction? I couldnt keep the car on track it was fishtailing all over the place! i was using a old track setting, ended up going back to my original setup which may not be fast but it at least keeps me planted on the grey stuff. I use a g27 by the way. Even with my stable setup the car tends to have some big oversteer moments at times. Is this just a trait of the S1 or can it be dialled out? It happens even on optimum track.

17. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium Member

After the RC the car changed a lot : here's a tip the aero balance is not the same at all and tyres react differently !
  18. Okay, thanks Qazdar, i will have fiddle around with it. Cheers