1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lopez: Renault want Kubica

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Scott Webber, Oct 4, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

Team owner Gerard Lopez says that without a doubt, if Robert Kubica is able to race, he will do so for Lotus Renault next season.

Kubica is determined to return to Formula One next season despite suffering massive injuries in a rally accident earlier this year.
    His injuries, which included a partially severed hand, meant the Pole was not able to compete this season.

And they have also meant he has not been behind the wheel of a car since February.

However, a test is planned for early November when both his manager Daniele Morelli and his doctor, Riccardo Ceccarelli, believe the 26-year-old will prove he can make a comeback next season.

And Renault owner Lopez is willing to wait until then before making decisions regarding his team's 2012 line-up.
    "If someone like Robert Kubica is on the market then of course we will take him," Lopez told Auto Motor und Sport.

This is exactly why i love Renault, they are truly so passionate about their Racing and Driver's, they look after one another so much.

2. Thanks Scott, i think everyone wants to see Robert back in the car.
  3. Yes, We would all love to see Kubica back. But I hope he doesn't lose his speed like Massa. Thats my worst fear.
  4. Indeed Prithvi, it's a big shame that he got injured. What he did at some tracks was very special!
  5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Well, this means that no driver will sign for Renault until they know if Robert will be back or not... (Petrov does have a 2012 contract). Smart move.
  6. hey my uncle is the owner of Renault F1 Team, how come I dont get a sit :tongue: