• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Lopez: Renault want Kubica

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Scott Webber, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Scott Webber

Scott Webber

Ratings:
    +2,397
    [​IMG]

Team owner Gerard Lopez says that without a doubt, if Robert Kubica is able to race, he will do so for Lotus Renault next season.

Kubica is determined to return to Formula One next season despite suffering massive injuries in a rally accident earlier this year.
    His injuries, which included a partially severed hand, meant the Pole was not able to compete this season.

And they have also meant he has not been behind the wheel of a car since February.

However, a test is planned for early November when both his manager Daniele Morelli and his doctor, Riccardo Ceccarelli, believe the 26-year-old will prove he can make a comeback next season.

And Renault owner Lopez is willing to wait until then before making decisions regarding his team's 2012 line-up.
    "If someone like Robert Kubica is on the market then of course we will take him," Lopez told Auto Motor und Sport.

This is exactly why i love Renault, they are truly so passionate about their Racing and Driver's, they look after one another so much.

source

2. Myles Thomas

Myles Thomas

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks Scott, i think everyone wants to see Robert back in the car.

3. Prithvi R Shankar

Prithvi R Shankar

Ratings:
    +14
    Yes, We would all love to see Kubica back. But I hope he doesn't lose his speed like Massa. Thats my worst fear.

4. Nikola Andric

Nikola Andric

Ratings:
    +1
    Indeed Prithvi, it's a big shame that he got injured. What he did at some tracks was very special!

5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,155
    Well, this means that no driver will sign for Renault until they know if Robert will be back or not... (Petrov does have a 2012 contract). Smart move.

6. Diego Lopez

Diego Lopez

Ratings:
    +288
    hey my uncle is the owner of Renault F1 Team, how come I dont get a sit :tongue: