• "Slow and steady finishes the race. Fast and steady wins the race." - Sean Rogers.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a new wheel. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Christopher Brown, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Christopher Brown

Christopher Brown

Ratings:
    +12
    Yep, looking to buy a new wheel.
    Currently got the Driving Force GT, and its ok. My only real issue with it is the 'paddle shifter' buttons.
    I want proper paddles, but I'm too lazy to make them myself.

So looking for a nice wheel thats affordable, not the richest guy in the world ^^
    Was looking at the G25, but I can't find anywhere I trust to buy it, like amazon, ebuyer, argos ect. and the G27 is a bit too expensive for me atm.

However if anyone knows of any reliable paddle shifter mods for the DFGT, they'd be considered too.

2. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Don't if you are interested but in the U.S, G27 sells for @$280 plus tax. So in British Pounds it is 172.00. still too much? I paid $404 and change in Canada i should of got mine from U.S. but it was one of those "I Want It Now" kind of thing.

3. Roy Visser

Roy Visser

Ratings:
    +24
    If you want nice pedalshifters, vind yourself a good secondhand G25. Virtually indestructable, and still the best pedalshifters out there for a reasonable price!

4. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Ratings:
    +71
    The G25's are nicer than the G27's too. :) (More of a proper click).

5. Jim Cole

Jim Cole
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    OK, silly question Alex but do you drive with speakers on, or use a headset? I ask this as I would never notice a proper click if something had one myself, heheh. I race using a headset so I don't disturb anyone else in the house. LoL

6. Roy Visser

Roy Visser

Ratings:
    +24
    Proper Click is the actuall feeling aswell :)

7. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy

Ratings:
    +313
    Yup very True Roy :)

8. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Hi Christopher, i think your cheapest alternative is to just add paddles to your exsisting wheel.

9. Christopher Brown

Christopher Brown

Ratings:
    +12
    Hey guys, thanks for your replies, was going to go with some $20 paddles I found on ebay, but finally went with the thrustmaster 430, as in total only came to £100. Had to buy a new wheel as my 'friend' got too scared when turning (lol) pulled the wheel off the desk and smashed it on the floor. Fun ^^

10. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,074
    cool! let us know how your new wheel is.

11. Christopher Brown

Christopher Brown

Ratings:
    +12
    Wheels great, only downside is the pedals don't grip to my carpet enough, but that was fixed by wedging the box it came in between my wall and the pedals :p

Great wheel.

12. Neil Tasker

Neil Tasker

Ratings:
    +32
    yeah i like the f430 wheel lots of buttons an great feeling wheel and some nice thick padel shifters too, have fun and enjoy it mate