Tracks Long Beach 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty good, only thing that annoys me is that it's very easy to go behind the kerbs in T5 and gain time, and it's not track limits either

A little issue is that some of the tire marks and white lines on the asphalt are not on the track itself but are floating above the actual surface where the car's tires are. Looks weird from the cockpit at least.

1712409358466.png

Also, the street lines and markings are showing up only at about 30-50 meters away from the car. It is a bit strange to see the lines pop in and show up like that. I have seen that glitch before on some tracks in AC and people discussing it, but don't know if there were any settings mentioned for that when making a track. I don't think the pictures can do it justice.

1712409578571.png
1712409601008.png

Last edited:
pretty good, only thing that annoys me is that it's very easy to go behind the kerbs in T5 and gain time, and it's not track limits either
The track limits are defined in there, (see the red line in the right) bit it only works for the client not for AI. It's an AC problem to not punish any infraction.

Attachments

• Clipboard08.jpg
    Clipboard08.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Also, the street lines and markings are showing up only at about 30-50 meters away from the car. It is a bit strange to see the lines pop in and show up like that. I have seen that glitch before on some tracks in AC and people discussing it, but don't know if there were any settings mentioned for that when making a track. I don't think the pictures can do it justice.

View attachment 744419View attachment 744420
The white lines are supposed to be floating above the surface about 1 cm (like that for ages) if they mix with the surface (at the same level) there is cuts or they are not seen. About the lines disapearing at 50 m as you said there is nothing we can do about that, normally it is controlled by LOD OUT (which is not the case here since the LODOUT is set to the maximum distance) anyway I don't have that problem and no one else reported it, I don't know if there is any parameter in CM or so that makes it happens but I guess not. Sorry that you have that problem.
* I'm pretty sure that you can see the blue light at about the distance of 800 meters, is difficult to see the white broken because of the colour. There is no issue on there.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Any chances with having 3D palm trees?

I'm enjoying this Long Beach 2023 track mod with the tarmac and trackside updates in VR. The only thing that detracts from 100% goodness are the flat "cardboard cutout" palm trees. Perhaps even faux shading to give the trees depth?

Long Beach has so much eye candy and it's highlighted in this mod. Thanks for building this AC track!

Any chances with having 3D palm trees?

I'm enjoying this Long Beach 2023 track mod with the tarmac and trackside updates in VR. The only thing that detracts from 100% goodness are the flat "cardboard cutout" palm trees. Perhaps even faux shading to give the trees depth?

Long Beach has so much eye candy and it's highlighted in this mod. Thanks for building this AC track!
That was my first thought since part of the trees are a kind of layed but I gave up, even to that layed trees, it's a kind of complicate to lay the palm trees since the trunk needs a certain angle but the palm leaves needs to be straight, not impossible but complicate it may come in a future update, it was a deception even for me, I never liked to do trees and those are quite a challenge.

Replacing the current nuclear palm trees with 3D palm trees would make this track much more enjoyable. Currently, the palm trees break the immersion MASSIVELY. Otherwise great track.

Hola and muchas gracias again. Question just asking, suggesting, not demanding anything: Do you think you could add the so famous and iconic "Queen Mary" as a 2d or maybe 3d model in the harbor section!? Maybe also in other versions of this track that are out there!? I'm not sure if that is even possible but if so I do think it would be so awesome to have for more realism and of course eyecandy. Love that ship a lot. Saludos!

Luis Barata submitted a new resource:

Long Beach 2023 - Accurate version for 2023.

Read more about this resource...
Hey man. Your tracks are amazing!! You're probably the best track maker for ac when it comes to road feeling through the wheel. Many people create really visually stunning tracks but few create a nice looking very detailed immersive track while at the same creating such a nice tarmac sensation through the wheel. Do you use a lidar scan for the tracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes