Logitech Wheel Motor Upgrades?

FJBH10

Premium
Hello all,

I've had a Logitech G920 for a few years now and I reckon the ffb motor is on it's way out as it is barely as strong as I remember, let me know if this is completely impossible but say if I were to buy a new motor with the same specs as the one in the G920 or even one with a higher power would it be feasible to replace the old half-dead motor with a new one? I ask because I really like the G920 but don't really want to buy another soon, I'd much rather repair / upgrade the G920 because I originally planned to save money and upgrade to something more substantial, maybe even a DD wheel but the weak motor is actually affecting my driving because I can barely feel any ffb even with max settings.
Would this even be possible?

FJBH10

Not trying to change the subject, I just bought a G920 and have been using about a month. It works well in RRE and AC but in Automobilista I get barely any ffb at all. A motor seldom seldom just gets weaker, though the permanent magnets might be losing their field but I really doubt that''s happening to you. It's probably the same motor that's in the G25 of that I have apart in my shop that was still working fine when the steering and ffb died after 10+ years of operation.

I'm still working on ffb settings for AC, I don't require much but do need more than what AMS gives me to use.

Upvote 0
Could anything other than the motor be killing the ffb? I've noticed a difference across all the games, AMS for me is similar, I get nearly no ffb compared to AC or iRacing where I can at least feel something.

Upvote 0
It seems we're stuck with it mate. A useless driver from Logitech and a failure of some type on the part of AMS. Best we can do is work to a love of low ffb, fine tune our receptors and wait for the next generation of sims.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies