Logitech G930 Review

I thought I would share my experiences with this wireless headset as it might help others decide if they would like to get one or not.

I have owned the headset for about 2 weeks and it is the only sound system connected to my PC at the moment. The G930 is wireless, is supposed to be 7.1 surround sound and has a mic for doing teamspeak and such. One of the cool features that your friends will get tired of in a hurry is the voice morphing software that is part of the headset. Unfortunately you can't add more voices, but there are 5 of them to mess around with.

The headset does have 3 "G" keys that can be programmed to a limited extent, though for what ever reason, Teamspeak and Skype are not in the program list and I have not seen any plugin's for those either.

As for the sound quality, when playing games you don't really pay attention to the quality, you are usually paying attention to the direction of the sounds. However, everything sounds fine to me. I am no expert, and I don't have perfect pitch in my ears, but I would have to say that the sounds coming from this headset sound convincing. You are not going to get break your eardrum base out of them, but the sound levels all appear to be working correctly. The software even has the ability to adjust the output level of each of the different speaker positions to allow you to customize it.

From what I have been told by my friends, my voice comes across to them nice and clear, and from listening to an interview of me during a pre-race broadcast, I sound the way I should sound :) One of the best things I like about this headset is that it is wireless. I can be talking to someone on Teamspeak and step outside for a smoke without having to stop the conversation. I would suggest caution to those that get it by the way, as many of us would prefer not to hear you use the toilet heheh.

All in all I am not disappointed with how the headset feels, sounds or functions. I feel that it was worth the money spent so that I could enjoy my gaming without having to worry about intruding on others in the house with the level of sound I like to have in game.

There is one con that I can talk about though. The design of the headset is one that wraps around the ears to help eliminate outside noises while you are listening. If you wear the headset for several hours, your ears will sweat a little. Be prepared to clean the inside of the ear cups every now and then. :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 45 10.0%
  • €3001-5000