Logitech G29 force feedback issue with high speeds

Good people, sorry to bother you with this stupid question, but I haven't been able to resolve this on my own via google.

After reinstalling the whole system I lost my settings for FF on my G29 and I've been trying to get them back ever since.

I managed to come with below settings that are sort of ok till you reach speeds above 180km/h. The steering becomes light and I can't really feel whats happening with the car. It feels like it's driving on water.

Tried it with different cars - same issue.

Would you please point me in the right direction?

Any advice is appreciated :)

Attachments

• 1670919704554.png
    1670919704554.png
    702.7 KB · Views: 249
Good people, sorry to bother you with this stupid question, but I haven't been able to resolve this on my own via google.

After reinstalling the whole system I lost my settings for FF on my G29 and I've been trying to get them back ever since.

I managed to come with below settings that are sort of ok till you reach speeds above 180km/h. The steering becomes light and I can't really feel whats happening with the car. It feels like it's driving on water.

Tried it with different cars - same issue.

Would you please point me in the right direction?

Any advice is appreciated :)
Hi, for sure we/I can help you :)

1. We need the steering section of the controls settings with the axis. My first guess it that there's something wrong with your steering linearity, sensitivity etc.

2. Your ffb is really really low! 65% gain with 0% minimum force and then 20% filter on top of that makes the ffb very soft and smooth with a big dead zone around the center position. I wonder why it only feels like that at high speeds. In my experience it would feel like driving on ice on all speeds hehe.

Your effect settings are very high though. Which is understandable since they scale with the overall gain so low gain needs high effect settings to feel them.

My advice would be to first share your axis settings with us.
Then put the ffb gain to 100%, filter to 5%, minimum force to 8-13% and then reduce:
Kerb to 5%
Road to 10%

For racing:
Slip and abs to 20%

For drifting:
Slip to 0%
Abs to your liking

These effects are "fake" sine wave vibrations.
If AC detects one of your tyres on a surface that's named "kerb" in the track config, it will rumble depending on your speed.
But the kerbs in AC are actually 3D so when you drive on them, you'll get the physically correct vibrations!
The kerb effect is only good for painted stripes like at the left when going uphill through Eau Rouge.
There's no 3D kerb but the kerb effect will make you know where your car is.

Road effect is a vibration depending on what surface type you're driving on.
Asphalt1 has a different vibration than asphalt2 etc.
It's nice for immersion but in reality you would feel these micro vibrations through your body and not via the front wheels.
So keep it as low as possible.

Both kerb and road effect mask/hide the real 3D modelled physic ffb.

If you're up for an experiment:
click on my name and then "mods".

I created some LUTs for logitech wheels.

They are basically just a smoothly curved minimum force. They don't change the linearity of the ffb and don't raise the maximum ffb.

If you try them, don't be scared by the rumble in the center when standing still.

That's "random ffb noise" to fill the last dead spot right in the center. As soon as you drive, you shouldn't feel it. And it's not hurting the wheel (trust me, I'm an engineer, lol).

If really don't like this rumbling, you can open the .lut file and edit the right value in the very first line to 0.00

The "correct" settings are all on the download page. Just copy all of them :)

I expected maybe some reply, but I have never expected such detailed an thorough answer - Kudos to you - thank you! If you were from Warsaw/Poland I'd genuinely asked for your address so I could send you a beer ;)

Now it all makes sense - I changed the settings to those suggested by you and it's definitely better. I still have an issue with no ffb in the +/- 15deg in the dead center which is most troublesome at high speeds.

I have put a screenshot from axis tab - I hope this is what you asked for? :)

Attachments

• 1670958631841.png
    1670958631841.png
    835.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I expected maybe some reply, but I have never expected such detailed an thorough answer - Kudos to you - thank you! If you were from Warsaw/Poland I'd genuinely asked for your address so I could send you a beer ;)

Now it all makes sense - I changed the settings to those suggested by you and it's definitely better. I still have an issue with no ffb in the +/- 15deg in the dead center which is most troublesome at high speeds.

I have put a screenshot from axis tab - I hope this is what you asked for? :)
Nice that you could improve it already!
The axis screenshot looks perfect. You could set it to 900°. I used a bit less since my perspective with chair+wheelstand made the wheels not perfectly move in-sync.
If you have the real and virtual wheel better aligned, 900° should look better.

Anyway, what did you set the minimum force to?
Or did you put my LUT files into the correct folders?

G25/27/29 all have 12-17% dead zone in the center. But the minimum force from AC doesn't really feel great. It's a "hard edge" around the center. Your wheel becomes "tight", but when you steer through a chicane you feel a "clonk -> clonk", when passing the center position.

My LUT changes this to a smooth curve. If you don't know, like most do:
LUT stands for Look Up Table and is simply a 100 line file with the game output ffb level on the left and the adjusted ffb level on the right.

0.05 | 0.15

means that when AC outputs 5% ffb strength, it actually sends 15% to the Logitech driver.

My LUTs are NOT like the famous "LUT generator" that tries to do some magic but has some flaws tbh.
My LUTs are manually adjusted to simply be a smooth minimum force settings, nothing else!

It makes sense now, I will adjust it to 900 deg and see what difference it will make ;)

As for the minimum threshold I gave it 8% and it seems to work nicely.

I was always wondering what this hard edge was since I got the wheel... now it makes sense - thank you again for detailed explanation.

I will definitely give your lut file a try and see how it works on weekend :)

@RasmusP - I finally managed to test your LUT file and its a really nice improvement. Thanks to your help and an improved car feel I manage to steadily improve my laptimes :) Happy holidays to you dear Sir! :) Looking forward to seeing you somewhere on the track :)

@RasmusP - I finally managed to test your LUT file and its a really nice improvement. Thanks to your help and an improved car feel I manage to steadily improve my laptimes :) Happy holidays to you dear Sir! :) Looking forward to seeing you somewhere on the track :)
Awesome! Thanks for the kind words and happy holidays to you too! :)
If you want to try some casual and fun online racing with all levels of drivers, try the Racedepartment Clubracing. It was my first real online racing experience and quickly became the only racing I do since years :)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 124 85.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 11.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 50 34.5%