F1 2015 Logitech G27 not saved as input device

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
I use the G27 steering wheel, but every time I start the game the input device (under Driving Controls) is set to 'keyboard' by default. So I have to change it back to Logitech G27 again and again. Auto-saving is on. Anyone has a solution for this?

Jonathan is correct, in all previous games if you skipped through the intro screen using a keyboard, then the keyboard becomes the default controller.

So try skipping these intros using a button on your wheel, the G27 used to be one of the red ones on the gearbox (button 1 or 2), but F1 2015 is one of the group of 4 near the rear of the gear box, the bottom one I think. It might solve the problem

The other real pain is that the G27 uses button numbers, but the menus in the game use gamepad icons, like X,Y, A, B, RB, LB ...... which don't exist on a G27. It makes you think that all they did was plug a G27 into a console when creating this game, and never once plugged one into a PC. It's so obviously wrong

logitech-g27-shifter.jpg

For other wheels ....... keep trying the buttons on the wheel, one should work for skipping the intros.

Do you use the wheel to select all the menus at the start of the game, and even skip intro video?

Previous F1 games would set the default controller to whichever you pressed first when the game was booted.

So if you pressed the keyboard to skip the intro video it would think you wanted to use the keyboard for the game

That solved the problem! Pressing button 18 on the gearbox will skip the intros and detects the G27 controller. (I used to press [enter] before). Thanks Jonathan and Graham!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%