1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Logitech g25

Discussion in 'Racer' started by rajivthecarnut, Jul 24, 2010.

1. rajivthecarnut

rajivthecarnut

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a logitech g25 wheel which i have used on my ps2 without full functionality of the h shifter and clutch. I would like to experience the full functionality by any means short of purchasing a ps3 and gt prologue, and hopefully on the game racer. I am on a mac don't know how to setup the racing wheel with the game racer. any help would be appreciated.

2. citronized

citronized

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

As far as I know, you can't use full functionnalities of logitech's wheel (as well as other recent wheels), they haven't done it OS X compliant. In order to use H shifter and stuff, you'll have to install Racer under Wine or Windows XP through Bootcamp… The good point is that you'll be able to play with Racer's last bêtas. ;)

Cheers

3. QuadCoreMax

QuadCoreMax

Ratings:
    +71
    I had also that kind of question in my mind, so how you set the G25/G27 for Racer to get the best feedback from it ? Thx

4. rajivthecarnut

rajivthecarnut

Ratings:
    +0
    I opened Racer for windows with wine but the game doesn't run and i got an error saying can't open Qlog. i then downloaded racer mac but that doesn't even detect the wheel. By the way citronized if youre running racer under wine i could use some instructions if youre willing.

5. citronized

citronized

Ratings:
    +0
  6. QuadCoreMax

QuadCoreMax

Ratings:
    +71
    Got great feelings after some tweaking => physics (car.ini + crv files) + custom G25 ini file, still need more adjusting for perfection.

7. rajivthecarnut

rajivthecarnut

Ratings:
    +0
    Citronized, i'm just trying to get it to work with racer, and i also looked at the thread you linked to but coudn't find anthing about the qlog error. Any help would be great.

8. citronized

citronized

Ratings:
    +0
    What app is displaying the "can't open Qlog" error message?

9. dutchman

dutchman

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey,

I play with full funcionality of the g25 wheel. including clutch and h shifter. Just doe the ingame set up an i should work!

10. Mr Whippy

Mr Whippy

Ratings:
    +461
    Would it be possible to have a car.ini send info to the G25 drivers, to say set the steering lock?

Ie, the F458 Ferrari has 720deg, but to set it I have to edit the config in controllers in windows, to 720deg. Would be cool if the car.ini could do it on supported wheels somehow :D

Dave

11. Ruud

Ruud
    RACER Developer

Ratings:
    +58
    I think the Logitech SDK allows that (same SDK that is used for turning on the LEDs on the G27). I might have a look at that after v0.9; it's something I'd want on our high-end steering systems as well (which are infinitely multi-turn).