1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech G15 Keyboard

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by shenken, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Hi all,

i just got this keyboard a couple of days ago and this is a great keyboard with its LCD Display and its navigation knobs. Now my question to you all is: Do you also have this keyboard and if yes, do you know good resource websites that host G15 LCD Applets and other neat stuff for it? So far i´ve found one applet that displays realtime Teamspeak Information whi has joined/left, which channel you are in etc.

Let´s discuss it :)
  2. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

3. I want one, but I can only find the new v2 version but I prefer the original, more buttons and it's blue.
  4. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

I dont own one but I know there is software that works with rF to show you real time tyre temps and alike, It also works with arca but beware, Most people think its a cheat as arca only allows you to see temps in pit road. :)
  5. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

I have the v1, but I am thinking about getting the v2 because of its smaller size.
    I have never used the Macro (G) keys, so no need for so much here :)
  6. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Bought v2 last weekend and returned it right away because it was this bloody Dutch layout again although it was mentioning the US-Int on the box art. Damn Logitech.

Ordered the US-Int directly from the Logi site, because the normal shops are apparently not able to get a non-Dutch layout here.
    Scheduled for arrival in a few hours.
  7. dutch layout? is that azerty?
  8. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

See the differences; Dutch logitech layout:
    US-Int Layout:

Both are qwerty keyboards; The Dutch has a second \-key besides the left shift, which is cut in half.
    The main Enter key is also not like the normal one, but double height and a bit smaller. Therefor the normal \-key is placed left to it.

For the average Dutchman no problems, but if you are used to type with 10 fingers (blind) its just insane.

PS. this is just a sample image, not a G15 image :)
  9. lol i type 10 fingers blind, with a dutch layout.
  10. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

You're a bit younger; I type this way already since 20 years or so. Always on us-int.. Then its hard to learn something else for an old twat.
  11. i have to agree with you there Ramon......I am also always on US-int layout for 20 years now (yeah i learned pc already back then :)....hey even switched off a server on my moms work when i was aroun 3/4 :))

but when i tested the dutch layout it feels wrong......i have that with my laptop now....always making errors
    so US-int for me
  12. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Logitech sucks!!!!!

I ordered on the Logitech NL website (the only one that ships to NL). I could choose which layout I wanted. (Belgium/Germany/Dutch/UK/US-Int)
    Choosed US-Int. Just opened the box today, and the damn Dutch layout was in the box.

Calling with Logitech is of no use. The magic answer:
    Logitech puts randomly a layout for that country in the box. For NL it could be Dutch or US-Int layout. You cannot see it on the outside of the box.
    I can fully refund this one and the advice is to open each box in the normal shops and hopefully find a real US-Int layout.

Of course no shop will open it for you. You have to break the Logitech seal for it.

Help needed:
    Is there someone in the US/Canada/Other who can send me a real Logitech G15 version 2 (The amber lightning) with a real US-Int layout?
    This one:

I can pay with paypal or normal international payment if supported by my bank.
  13. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

My 'old' G15 was ordered via Amazon.com @Tigerdirect.com. But they don't send it to Europe anymore. Try it :)
    You can still order via other companies, but so far only around 80+ dollar shipping costs, excluding Customstax (in case its checked). A bit too much for a keyboard that's 69 eur in the normal shops.

The message on Amazon.com:
    *** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. ( See geographical restrictions.) ***

Its because of: Warranty issues and manufacturer restrictions prevent us from shipping certain products to all geographical locations.
  14. crap
    that sucks.......
    well then you need to keep going true all the shops then and see if you have any luck
  15. I just went to get a wireless mouse for my laptop and I was *this* close to buying the G15 while I was there, but concluded I wanted and didn't need :circuitzolder:

Damn you all for making me want one soo much
  16. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

A Canadian friend of my it getting it for me today :) :rockband:
    Thanks Jake!
  17. Sorry missed this thread :(
    I have a G15 and i am very happy with him :):)
    With blue lights :)
  18. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

19. Any changelog?

Really wasn't expecting an update :D