Load times are ridiculous

Since the beta update of the new menus rf2 takes forever to start up. Forever to load cars/tracks to the point where I'm on the verge of uninstalling it because I've had nothing but rubbish experiences with the sim since day 1.

Rename your UserData file to UserData_1. Then go into Steam, right click on rF2 and verify files.

On first load again, it will take a while to build all the necessary files, but after that it should be better.

This has fixed the loading times for me. Mine was taking so long to do the initial game load, and load to track (2-3 mins each time) that I actually installed a chess app to play while I was waiting. Its now completely fixed and down to 30 seconds ish which a massive improvement.

Since the beta update of the new menus rf2 takes forever to start up. Forever to load cars/tracks to the point where I'm on the verge of uninstalling it because I've had nothing but rubbish experiences with the sim since day 1.
So it sounds like you have been using the Opt-in Beta since it was released 2 1/2 months ago and have never been happy with it yet kept using it instead of simply Opting out of all betas.
Then you come here for a whinge about how slow everything is and you don't even inform us of your pc specs.
:rolleyes:

Depends how clean your install is and what you load and what hardware

Click rFactor2 icon to load Steam/rF2 to launcher - 25 seconds ( that includes checking for updates to refresh )
Run rFactor2 - 15 seconds
Race Eve F3 and Brianza 23 AI to cockpit - 15 seconds

So try Eve F3 and Brianza 23 AI and tell me how long it takes
Tell me what to load and how many ( I have all DLC) that takes 2-3 minutes and i will check

P.S.
Remember new combos will load slower the first time
So load whatever and time it then close and load again and time ;)

Last edited:
I don't know if the issue I had is related to the OP problem but my load times were 2 ish minutes loading the game. And then around 2-3 minutes loading to track. Interestingly, it would hang on the menu screen, not on the track loading screen.

I tried all the normal quick fixes - clearing Shaders and CBASH, looking for rogue RCD files, verifying integrity. None of that worked. Interestingly in the trace files there was a period of maybe 100 or so seconds where there was literally nothing going on, just a gap in the time stamps.

Renaming the UserData and letting the game build a new one has completely fixed the issue for me.

Rename your UserData file to UserData_1. Then go into Steam, right click on rF2 and verify files.

On first load again, it will take a while to build all the necessary files, but after that it should be better.

This has fixed the loading times for me. Mine was taking so long to do the initial game load, and load to track (2-3 mins each time) that I actually installed a chess app to play while I was waiting. Its now completely fixed and down to 30 seconds ish which a massive improvement.
This one did the trick for me, thanks a lot.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.