rF2 LMP + GT @ Lemans - Sunday 8th June 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having connection probs, dsl is disconnecting at least once every 10s. Loved to race tried the vlm track earlier this week it is great. Hope my connection is working again for wtcc prequal :S

prac:
got to nowhere with these cars :)

qualy: my game keeped crashing

race: startet last saw something black cross my line managed to avoid contact :)
and was following simon and bram as we 3 came to indianapolis there was big carnage one lmp on the roof parking a 2nd one spinning under brakes
i could again avoid contact hitting the pedal after indy and was back on my desktop o.O

overall: RF dosent like my PC or me

• shenken

Was not really funny to race. Thanks for hosting though.

Watched back the replay and it was my fault ending your race Sascha. After to many restarts and again a collision during the third start i think i lost concentration where i was on the track. Deeply sorry :(

prac:
got to nowhere with these cars :)

qualy: my game keeped crashing

race: startet last saw something black cross my line managed to avoid contact :)
and was following simon and bram as we 3 came to indianapolis there was big carnage one lmp on the roof parking a 2nd one spinning under brakes
i could again avoid contact hitting the pedal after indy and was back on my desktop o.O

overall: RF dosent like my PC or me

The LMP on its roof was me :D

I definitely think we should do this again. A little further notice will allow us to practice. These beasts were new to us and a little finese is needed to tame them.

Daytona Road [I must have shares or something - as I keep promoting the track]. Anyway - Daytona road is a little more technically sympathetic [like Orchard Lake] and would leave the onus on fun than learning the track.

Thanks to all for setting it up.

Bram you're my hero - as I have been dying to race these things since watching the SSCA Daytona 12 Hour on PSR.

Maybe a Race Department team will feature in one of their races someday :circuitzolder:.

Now back to business...

:jumping:Woohoo !!! What a rush!

Practice: Spent the day figuring out which car to drive. Opted for the C60 and then got on with figuring out how to drive her.

Qualifying: Pole!!! I can't believe I set pole with a 1.19.9 [PB] - 6 tenths ahead of Yoeri!!!.

Race 1: umm... Had a great run down the straight slipping with Yoeri and James. Thought better of it and let them go and race themselves. They kind of ended up in the ktty litter - at least James did, I couldn't see through the smoke, missed my breaking point for the fast right-hander and never got close to making the 2nd gear left hander. Saw that Yoeri seemed to have the same problem :D.

Race 2: No comment. Frozen screen, whilst sitting on pole, means carnage...

Race 3: Starting from the back.. Decided to let everyone go and then follow and make up places [an hour is a long time].

Made my way up to 2nd place behind Yoeri, as others left the track and others I passed. Made silly mistake in a slow corner 25 minutes in. Lost the nose and decided to repair it in the pits. Came out 5th or 6th.

Finished 2nd!!! out of the depleted field - but I am still taking that 2nd.

Two rFactor races in two days and my best results to date to boot.

:rockband::drunk::disco:

Forgot to say 'grats' to all finishers and especially to James for the victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 41 26.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.1%