F1 2011 Live Telemetry Data Android App

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi. I'm currently at university finishing a degree in computer game development and would love to write an app for iPhone/Android that shows live data from Codemasters F1 2011. I have seen that KenKen has a datalogger which reads data sent by F1 2011 and then saves it into a CSV file on the disk.

So my questions are..

What data is being sent from F1 2011 and is any of it specific to F1 as a discipline?
Is there any documentation for the protocol used (packets/messages sent etc)
Where can I find the specification for what is being sent in order to analyse it and forward it live (over WiFi) to an android or iphone?

Thanks.

F1 2011 will go the way of the Dodo bird once the next shiny object filled game comes out :)

You should make one for rFactor 2 as it will have longevity just like rF1 which is over 5 years old and still being raced widely across the world.

Keith

F1 2011 will go the way of the Dodo bird once the next shiny object filled game comes out :)

You should make one for rFactor 2 as it will have longevity just like rF1 which is over 5 years old and still being raced widely across the world.

Keith

If I can ascertain the details of the UDP/TCP stream from F1 2011 and get started on an app, nothing would stop it from expanding to support several game types / data acquisition methods.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 19.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.6%