1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Little tip for the Trustmaster TX base - USB Not Detected Resolution

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by JamesU, Feb 21, 2017.

1. JamesU

JamesU

Ratings:
    +67
    Hi all,

Thought i'd share this information as i've finally rectified my ongoing issue with my TX Base.

The issue i was having:

Whenever i'd plug my power/USB cable in the wheel would half calibrate and i'd get a "USB Not Recognised" error on my PC. Unplugging and plugging it back in sometimes sorted it - but not all the time and i'd just give up and not race.

The fix i found (after 18 months of just dealing with it):

Cut out the break-away part of the cable and re-solder the connections. USB connections are only 4 wires and the sheathing doesn't massively matter for the little part you're cutting away!

Not had a single issue with my wheel since.. and i'm not sure how many other people have the same problem as me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wicked

Wicked
    Horsepower! My kingdom for some horsepower!

Ratings:
    +97
    The break away cable connection is a bit wonky. Getting a better break away does the same thing as you describe. I use the break away from my Xbox 360 controller.

Not as confident in soldering myself haha.

3. DowntownSIX

DowntownSIX
    Premium

Ratings:
    +143
    Same, my TX connection was wonky from day one. I changed to a 360 breakaway about a year ago and have had zero issues since.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JamesU

JamesU

Ratings:
    +67
    I guess if the other break-away works too thats a quicker fix!

I used to have a lot of these with my old job, they were awesome and a lot quicker than soldering:

[​IMG]