Little disappointment with RD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I've been working in a mod physics for WRC Generations since the game is moddable and the EA WRC wasn't the modern rally simulator that many of us were expecting to be.

Once I had something I thought was good enought to share, I went staight forward here.
For me this forum is the main site to look for information, news and of course mods.

There's no specific download section for WRCG so I've firstly posted it in the misc download forum.
Then the post was moved to the WRC main download forum.

The suprise came today when I noticed the mod was removed from the forum.
The explanation form RD is the mod in the main WRC forum could create confusion and be installed in other game (I could agree).
Then I've asked for creating an specific section for WRCG.... well, I was told that the time they would spend on doing that is not worth for the few dowloads it could have (because this is the older rally game and wasn't too popular )

Honestly, it was a bit rude.
There was no alternative offered neither.

We really care if a mod has 1 o 1000 downloads?
With this way thiking AC or RBR were already dead.
The community contributes to keep the games alive and updated.

Fun fact: Rennsport has its own section with zero mods.

I just wasn't expecting that.

Well, there isn't a Colin McRae, NR2003, or GPL section either, though all remain popular.

I'm surprised the GTL, GTR2, and rfactor sections have as much activity as they do.

There's no specific download section for WRCG so I've firstly posted it in the misc download forum.
Then the post was moved to the WRC main download forum.
It was me who moved it to the WRC forum and I thought the mod was clearly it for WRC Generations.
I noticed that there are still mods for older WRC games in there and the EA WRC is plainly labelled so I will enquire what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes