1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Let's talk adjusting ride height

Discussion in 'F1 2016 - The Game' started by Ben Eastman, Sep 7, 2016.

1. As far as I can tell, just like there's no way to truly compare your trap speed vs the field, there's no way to see if your bottoming out.

The only way I've been able to adjust this is by completing my setup and just watching the delta times to see if I'm slower as I adjust the RH.

Anyone else slightly frustrated by the fact that ride height has to be adjusted in such a fashion? Wish we could SEE or FEEL the car bottoming out.

2. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

I've noticed you can't really feel the car bottoming out, but you can see sparks coming off the floor if your look behind at higher speeds.

3. Interesting, I will have to check for this. When I get on next time I plan to test for rake effects down a straight as well as this

4. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Rake angle does seem to result in lower top speeds, which suggests more downforce is being produced, however I haven't been able to detect any more grip in the corners.

It's sometimes useful to take the setups in F1 2016 with a grain of salt. Not everything behaves the same way some of the more simulation titles do.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. I can confirm the rear view method. I've also noticed that you're kinda doomed to bottoming out once you drop your ride height to 3 or below. 4 starts to see improvement. This was on time trials, so no clue how much fuel tank weight has to do with this.

6. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

Fuel weight has def had an effect on ride height, I forgot to raise the car slightly from testing with low fuel and qualified, then remembered too late I would have full tanks for race, first half of the race I was scraping like a goodun :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. I always use low ride height, because then if I get a boring race atleast I can look att sparks :whistling:

• Haha Haha x 2
  8. Yesterday, racing on Monaco with 1-1 height, I could feel the car bottoming out o.O or maybe it was another thing, but I was 100% sure it was the car touching the ground

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  9. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Bottoming out is not necessarily a bad thing, you just don't want too much of it because it can destablise the car in high speed corners (i.e Eau Rouge).