1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
MINI Challenge - Round 1 - Oulton Park (LIVE)

Left or right foot braking?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Christian Lyngbye, May 28, 2012.

1. Clutch, left foot braking

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Clutch, right foot braking

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. No clutch, left foot braking

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  4. No clutch, right foot braking

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I remember reading a couple years ago that Barrichello was the only F1 driver that used his right foot for braking but I guess today everyone uses left foot braking. I used to do left foot braking but I feel more comfortable doing right foot braking now (especially after I adjusted my G25 pedals so there is 1-2 cms difference in height between brakes and throttle and I can heel-toe if necessary). Someday I hope I can afford/find a load-cell brake.

I like using the H-shifter for the 60's formulas so I use clutch and right foot braking but if I'm in a modern open wheeler I will of course not use the clutch (except for launch) and then I will switch between left and right foot braking depending on the car and my mood :)

2. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Yep, that sounds right :)

I never tried old cars in rF2 but in iRacing is not 100% well simulated so the car is more permissive than a real life one would be, you raised my curiosity for rF2 now :)

3. Both, with clutch depend of car's type.
    With H gears I use right foot, with shifter I use left :p

4. I have no clutch pedal, but I can brake with my right foot too. :)

5. I learned how to left foot brake, but find that I can't go back and forth between the two styles. I usually stick with the car I'm driving in the league though and don't have to. :D

I have no trouble going back to right foot braking in my real car though. :curious: