1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left or right foot braking?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Christian Lyngbye, May 28, 2012.

1. Clutch, left foot braking

3 vote(s)
  2. Clutch, right foot braking

5 vote(s)
  3. No clutch, left foot braking

14 vote(s)
  4. No clutch, right foot braking

1 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I remember reading a couple years ago that Barrichello was the only F1 driver that used his right foot for braking but I guess today everyone uses left foot braking. I used to do left foot braking but I feel more comfortable doing right foot braking now (especially after I adjusted my G25 pedals so there is 1-2 cms difference in height between brakes and throttle and I can heel-toe if necessary). Someday I hope I can afford/find a load-cell brake.

I like using the H-shifter for the 60's formulas so I use clutch and right foot braking but if I'm in a modern open wheeler I will of course not use the clutch (except for launch) and then I will switch between left and right foot braking depending on the car and my mood :)
  2. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Yep, that sounds right :)

I never tried old cars in rF2 but in iRacing is not 100% well simulated so the car is more permissive than a real life one would be, you raised my curiosity for rF2 now :)
  3. Both, with clutch depend of car's type.
    With H gears I use right foot, with shifter I use left :p
  4. I have no clutch pedal, but I can brake with my right foot too. :)
  5. I learned how to left foot brake, but find that I can't go back and forth between the two styles. I usually stick with the car I'm driving in the league though and don't have to. :D

I have no trouble going back to right foot braking in my real car though. :curious: