Lap Comparison Utility for rF2?

Is there a downloadable utility for rF2 (Paid or free) where one can compare hotlaps?

I'm particularly interested in being able to visually see the difference between my brake points, gear shift points, racing line etc between me (slow) and others on a server (fast), perhaps during practice sessions. I want to use this as a learning resource for me.

Does something like this (or similar) exist for rF2? What about for other sims? (I already know about iRacing's VRS.)

Thanks!

Bert

You might wanna check this tool: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rf2-replay-office-set-of-tools.45062/
Haven't used it for a while, but if it still works, it's a great comparison tool. You can even produce a comparative replay.
Got the last version downloaded and installed and running (I think). But I can't figure out how to use it! Do you have a link to any instructions explaining what I'd like to do?

TBH - unless I've missed something obvious, without instructions I'm not sure exactly what this utility is supposed to do. :confused: At this point, I'm not sure whether it addresses what I'm looking for. :(

Now I got to check things, and it still seems to be working. Here are the steps, bit complicated but it is worth the trouble imho.

1. Start rf2replayoffice.exe
2. Click the left image (Lap Analyzer & Lap Merge)
3. In the new window, click the dropdown next to "Replay", click Browse.
4. Find the replay containing the hotlap you wanna study (replays are stored in: ...\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Replays)
5. After opening the replay, you can select the laps you wanna plot. Then comes the tougher part. My example here is Sebring.
  1. Click Load Track
  2. On my install, the necessary paths are:
    1. ModMgr: d:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin32\ModMgr.exe
    2. AIW Extract: it's up to you, this is where necessary data will be extracted
    3. Track MAS Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\\Installed\Locations\Sebring_2018\1.01\
Now the program loads an outline of the track, and you will be able to check your lines and compare laps (I don't know if this was in your mind).
Good news is, this works with paid content as well, I was not sure of that. So this was a good opportunity to check if the program is working with newer content/versions, and yes, it does. Expect a final result like this:

1582741194956.png

Thank you so much for this info and instructions with the screenshot.

I've got it working up to the point of watching the dots "race" on the track schematic. However, that doesn't show braking points, gear-shift points, etc. So, I saved the two into one new replay (.vcr) file, but I don't know how to view that replay. :confused:

Would you be able to help me with that? How do you load/view a previously saved replay in rF2?

EDIT: Well, I figured out how to load a saved replay (found it under "Options") :) . But is there a way to switch the replay-viewing view to cockpit, or something more useful than TV Trackside?

Thanks again!
Bert

Last edited:
I haven't tried the replay (will do in the evening), but I guess the normal keyboard shortcuts should work, so try pressing 'insert' a few times. Also, for braking points, throttle & brake use, you can create charts in the program which run parallel with the "dots" racing on the map, so you can see where you started braking etc.

You might wanna check this tool: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rf2-replay-office-set-of-tools.45062/
Haven't used it for a while, but if it still works, it's a great comparison tool. You can even produce a comparative replay.
Is it possible this can work with other ISI engined games like AMS, RF1, etc.? I love the map view. It's what I've been looking for since playing the ISI/EA F1 games with their bult-in telemetry. Motec isn't capable of this unless you drive slowly around the inner and outer edges of every track to create your own map.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 101 91.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 31 28.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 40 36.4%