Hello,
It's possible to add a landscape from google earth on btb?
what's are the passages?

I'm doing a real open hillclimb track of Northern Italy and i'd love to add the real landscape around on the BTB project. what i have to do exactly?
thank you! :)

Zaxxon method are a whole load of scripts that make a road and terrain (so far I've only used it for open tracks - rally stage etc) which can be loaded into a new BTB Pro project. From there you can use BTB to place objects, alter terrain and track etc etc. and export to rFactor1.
This is especially useful as it does the job which Sketchup used to do - putting altitude to the track and terrain.
This is the How TO manual which I made and follow each time. - http://www.mediafire.com/file/q4azqfp5dyoshyc/Zaxxon_Single_Track.docx/file
If your interested to know more I have a link to all the instructions, files and videos (in french but easy to follow).
It's a steep learning curve but theres folks that can help!

Thanks for this ebrich. So I have downloaded the BTB Zazzon Method folder, the SAS Planet Release 160606, and Google Earth. However, page 2 of the instructions you sent asks to install the 'Subversion-1.7.2-win32.msi' - I can't seem to find that file anywhere? Sorry for the dummy question

So I got as far as the
**Run pygoogleearth-0.0.2.win32.exe so that it links with the Python 27 .**
and I get this message? :/ I do have Python installed

Attachments

• Screenshot (101).png
    Screenshot (101).png
    70.5 KB · Views: 216
I've managed to get it working! Installed 32bit version instead.

However :/ NORMAL doesn't seem to be Importing the KML.
function name does not agree with function filename 'c:\project\scripts\midisplay.m'
Going to look around google for a solution.

Attachments

• Screenshot (102).png
    Screenshot (102).png
    120.7 KB · Views: 190
Hello
I've been trying to make a track with data lifted from google earth using zaxxon's method and getting the simplified explanation from the file linked in the post above this. (thanks @ebrich) i've run into some problems in gmsh as can be seen in the screenshot attached. any pointers on how to fix the errors and proceed? :O_o::O_o:

Attachments

• gmsh error.PNG
    gmsh error.PNG
    27.2 KB · Views: 200

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering