1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Laguna Seca at risk?

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by johnnymat, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Interesting article about Laguna Seca and the organization that's been running it for years. The county commissioners have been talking in a less than transparent manner about getting new people to run the concession. The new company is ISC , which happens to be a NASCAR outfit. I'd hate to see them take over and screw up the historic track.

http://www.racer.com/north-american...moter-breaks-silence-on-possible-isc-takeover

2. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium Member

If ISC takes over, I hope they don't do anything brash with turn 8 (The Corkscrew). Its one of the most iconic turns in motorsports and I'd hate to see something happen to it so the track is more NASCAR friendly.

3. They can easily take out the corkscrew for nascar races, by just adding a bypass section for a different layout, like most tracks in the world have.

Given the tracks that have disappeared in recent years in australia, i'd be very worried. there's even talk of the nordschleife disappearing.