Kvyat Out Again As Hartley Returns for Mexico

Well, Frijns told Red Bull threats their drivers like dogs. Which isn’t far from truth. Was it clever? No, but at least he's honest.
And where did his honesty get him? You need to learn to have some tact if you want to survive in the real world. Frijns thought he was safe on the basis of his skill alone, but he wasn't, far from it in fact, and he paid the price as a result.

And his current job as factory driver for Audi would still be a dream job for most aspiring pro drivers. And to call for example Blancpain series and VLN irrelevant series... If those are already irrelevant to you, there’s not so much left to be relevant to your standards I guess.
Anything outside of F1 is pretty low on the pecking order, which is a huge reason I don't bother watching anything other than F1 outside of studying whether certain drivers are any good (which they usually aren't, Frijns himself included - the only exception I've seen in any form of endurance racing as of late is Lotterer, and his great talent is being wasted right now). If that's what "most aspiring pro drivers" dream of these days, then it's little wonder why the average driver is so much less competitive and skilled as a whole compared to 10-15 years ago, something which has never happened before in the history of motorsport.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea