• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

KS Porsche 917K rim colours and template

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Graham Botha, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Graham Botha

Graham Botha

Ratings:
    +459
    Hi all,
    I am in the process of looking to do a new skin for the 917K which requires the rim color to be changed from black to gold. Can anyone assist with a template fro the rims on this car? Also how can one simulate reflective Gold on the body as well as the rims?
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

2. Abilio_KID

Abilio_KID

Ratings:
    +44
    I did a little of investigation (pretty much stripped the 3D down to the bone, checked textures, etc.) and it seems that the black material is locked. That is, it doesn't receive any ambient light at all. So, whatever color you paint in that black spot (even in the reflection map) it always comes out black. Also, the rest of the rim becomes very dark aswell.
    The alternative is to change the file "rough_black_D.dds" but this also changes the black interior in the headlights.

preview.jpg

Try with these files:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?kybz42mx5xzzw8o

3. Graham Botha

Graham Botha

Ratings:
    +459
    Hi, Thanks a stack. I'll give the files a go and see what I can get done :D