1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kovalainen Returns As Caterham Reserve Driver

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Apr 17, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Great to have Heikki back. Must be the beginning of the end for one of the two current drivers at Caterham. Doesn't show a lot of confidence in the current driver pair if you need to hire an ex-pilot to do the testing of an upgrade.

I hope he gets a permanent seat again with the team.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

Lol that picture is scary. Anyway, I guess Giedo has to enjoy this year as much as he can, because I don't think he'll keep the seat for 2014. I think Caterham asked Kovaleinen to come back since the car is a pile of shite, perhaps he can help them. Good luck to them, but since this year I'm favouring Marussia over Caterham.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. My guess is they're lining him up to replace van der Garde sometime soon. They need to take the fight to Marussia, and at the minute Giedo's results are holding them back a little.
  5. Is it me , or does he look like Bobby Davro in that picture ? :p
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lol Bobby Davro, good call.
    Nice to see Heikki back he's a class driver. They never should have got rid of him in the first place. Giedo will last 2 more races then Heikki will be in.
  7. I just don't see Giedo losing his seat any time soon. His performance have not been bad at all if you compare it neither to his team mate or Max Chilton. Plus not to mention that we have only had 3 races this far.....
    Petrov was driving equably or some times even better then Heikki at the end of last year, which means that some drivers need some time to figure out a new car/class.

Plus I believe they hired Heikki just due to his experience in developing a car which both main drivers maybe lack.
  8. Spot on mate :)