Kobayashi Completes Ferrari Test

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
N_F1_DAV9393-552x262.jpg
Kamui Kobayashi has completed a test event for Ferrari, in preparation for a promotional event in Moscow in July. The 26 year-old took 2010's F10 around the Scuderia Ferrari owned test track, the Fiorano Circuit in Maranello, Italy.

"The first feeling was one of great happiness," he told Autosport.

"I raced against this car and I knew how quick it was, so it was very important to get some experience of it. I raced against this car and I knew how quick it was, so it was very important to get some experience of it."

"But it wasn't hard to readapt, because in the past, I've driven all sorts of cars and I'm used to change."

"It will be very nice to drive an F1 car again at this event in Moscow and for me it will be a double debut: the first time at the wheel of a Ferrari F1 car in an event and my first visit to the city."

Since leaving Sauber last season, Kobayashi has been driving for Ferrari outfit AF Corse in the LMGTE Pro class of the FIA World Endurance Championship alongside former F1 drivers Giancarlo Fisichella and Gianmaria Bruni. He will be racing in the 24 Hours of Le Mans this year.

Kamui has been the centre of rumours suggesting his return to the top tier with Toyota in 2015, under the Lexus - Toyota's luxury car division. He explained in December 2012 that despite raising €8,000,000 in sponsorship funds, he was unable to secure a drive in the 2014 season.

Swiss veteran journalist Roger Benoit reported that "even Toyota is toying with a comeback. The Japanese have Williams in sight, and they could get Japanese favourite Kamui Kobayashi back in a race cockpit." Lexus enthusiasts organization 'Club Lexus' also confirmed rumours, citing 'confidential sources'.

Kobayashi's test with Ferrari could improve his standings as a potential driver for 2014 or 2015, we could be seeing Kamui back in the cockpit soon.

View the Post on the Blog

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Forum trophies