Killarney International Raceway V1.0, Cape Town, South Africa - Assetto Corsa

Tracks Killarney International Raceway V1.0, Cape Town, South Africa - Assetto Corsa 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Franvanj submitted a new resource:

Killarney International Raceway V1.0, Cape Town, South Africa - Assetto Corsa - Killarney Race Track made from Google maps and elevation data

Killarney Innternational Raceway v1.0 for Assetto Corsa
23-04-2020

Feel free to distribute this compiled KN5 track. Copyright remains property of the Author, Francois van Jaarsveld.
Contact via Racedepartment.com, username Franvanj for change requests or collaboration.

Designed with a licensed copy of Race Track Builder, using Google API data to use Google maps and elevation data. Data available on request if you want to have your own crack at building killarney
AI and collisions...

Read more about this resource...

Thank you for sharing this
I had a go of it.
You’ve made a great start, this has a lot of potential. More work needs done, textures especially.
I love the layout of this track.
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, textures still needs tons of work. I first need to learn how to make my own textures or try and find some proper ones on the web. Unfortunately race track builder doesn't allow smaller terrain polygons than I have already, which is a limitation.

Any more comments would be welcome.

so happy to practice the local track, only watched races here, never been on a real track either but it feels slippery, that could be realistic, i have no idea but am learning my way around it, also cannot recall if track meant to have lights, doubt it though

so happy to practice the local track, only watched races here, never been on a real track either but it feels slippery, that could be realistic, i have no idea but am learning my way around it, also cannot recall if track meant to have lights, doubt it though

Hi there!

There is a friction coefficient that you can modify when making a track, but it has been left default. The slipperyness could be because of the corners themselves, where 3 corners are hairpins. You need to wait longer before starting to accelerate or you'll understeer off the end of the corner. There are two lights at the track. one in turn 5 and one in turn 2.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks, good to know, The challenge i had was as i start turning when going into a corner, i have started slowing more for the corners but seems that I need to be a lot slower than i would at other tracks, again, that is also me, still not nearly as good as many, i may not be considering banking, cambers, my own lack of experience, etc.

Good to know there are lights, though I prefer single seaters and night riding, odd combo I know, very few tracks let me have both, why Marina bay/singapore is my favourite.

on the flip side I have about 160 Ks now and managed a 1:02:360 with a 2016 919 and have a bit more time to find

O man! I've been waiting years for this track to come to assetto corsa. Thanks bru! I've been racing at Killarney on GTR2 which is actually a very nicely done mod. But now finally I can do it on AC. My best time there in real life is 1:24;)

Thank you, What a pleasure to drive on my home track. Coming down the back straight it would be really nice to see a glimpse of Table mountain otherwise it feels very close to the real thing. This is not an easy circuit to drive . I'm looking forward to your further development. Well done!

Having grown up next to Roy Hesketh and listened on the radio to races at Killarney, I am so glad to be able to drive this terrific track. Thank you for producing Franvanj!

Have I done something wrong with the download? It does not seem to display a track map.

I looked into adding the mountain, but unfortunately my design skills are non existent and was unable to figure out how to do it in the basic editor I use. There is someone that contacted me regarding the source files and wants to complete the track, so here's hoping.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.