Justin Wilson 1978 - 2015

RIP Justin
Close those cockpits. Like in fighter jets.
I think it would have saved Jules & Justin.
I still dont think thats a good idea. In case of fire it seems dangerous. These cars dont have doors like the prototypes.
A open windshield sounds like a good idea, but there was a FIA video where they showed how a jet-cockpit glas reacts to an f1 tyre -> helps.
An open windshield shuttered under the pressure, though

Well. That went just like I expected sadly.
You might want to word things a bit more sensitively as that text makes it seem like you care more about being right than him being alive.

Such a loss, my heart goes out to his wife and two daughters, aswell as Stefan. Justin was the last of the 'northern' English F1 drivers representing us that really could barely could afford to go racing at club level, nevermind in F1 or indycar.

Bugger. Seemed like a good guy when I watched him in F1

He was. Got to see him live at Road America, and you would be hard pressed to distinguish him from an ordinary fan but for the racing suit. He was well loved and respected over here.

Sad sad day indeed. :(. RIP mate.

I still dont think thats a good idea. In case of fire it seems dangerous. These cars dont have doors like the prototypes.
A open windshield sounds like a good idea, but there was a FIA video where they showed how a jet-cockpit glas reacts to an f1 tyre -> helps.
An open windshield shuttered under the pressure, though
RIP Justin, such a loss to the Motorsports community.
I think the ideal setup would be a closed cockpit along with a fire suppression system similar to what NASCAR uses.

R.I.P. Justin Wilson - You are racing with the Angels now. Say hello to Jules and all the other greats for us please.

A tough year in motor sports, just got much tougher.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%