Jaime Alguesuari

This looks like a respect thing. If Alguersuari just put on a humble face and said 'I'm sorry, I was wrong,' there would be no story. The fact that he fought tooth and nail to defend himself only exasperated things, and it would seem that type of behavior is normal for him. Just watch the look Marko gave the guy on the right, as if to say, "He doesn't listen. He never listens. I can't tell this guy anything..."

Can't do that to the boss. But Alguersuari is a talented young man (ubber young), he'll learn to be more political and will return to F1 with a bang.

I don't think the issue is between Algi and Vettel rather Algi and Marko.

Yes it was just practice so Algi has a point but that doesn't give him the right to shout at his boss! He should have just apologized and let it roll off his back like water on a duck. I would be upset too if I was in his shoes but it is very unprofessional the way he is acting towards Marko. And no matter what he's the boss so Algi should have shown more respect.
I can agree with that. but its the situation. it was also unproffesional of marko. funny how that was edited in season.

I can agree with that. but its the situation. it was also unproffesional of marko. funny how that was edited in season.
Doesn't matter, my point was Marko can be as unprofessional as he wants. It was not a smart move for Algi to have an arguement with his boss when he was still looking to ask him for a contract. Don't bite the hand that feeds.

I agree with Algi's take on the situation and like Mr. Iverson said "We talkin' 'bout practice man!" so Vettel and Algi shouldn't have been at each other and neither should Marko have said anything. Also, I'm sure if Algi's performance was better there wouldn't be an issue with him getting a contract or having an argument like that. Not that his performance was bad to begin with, just not spectacular enough to get away with this.

Excactly, my respect for Algi went up a few pegs.. He was on a hotlap, no reason to give that spot on track to anyone, no matter who it is behind (well, maybe team mate is different...) Very stupid from the Boss and if the Boss is stupid, shout back.. I do have a problem with authority figures, no doubt, but if they are unreasonable, give them hell. In my experience, every time i've critized the management, it has turned out better in the end for both (either we've parted or things change). The picture here is VERY clear, RBR most certainly put the heat on Toro Rosso, all it takes is one phonecall.. The boss got red ears and transfer that blame further along the command chain, very, VERY bad for morale.

My opinion is that the boss should've not started this conversation in public in the first place and the right thing to do is to stick by your employees.. But about 50% of upper management is a-holes, that is why they have sought that position in the first place, to be able to act like a dick.

Very stupid from the Boss and if the Boss is stupid, shout back.. I do have a problem with authority figures, no doubt, but if they are unreasonable, give them hell. In my experience, every time i've critized the management, it has turned out better in the end for both (either we've parted or things change).

..And look how great it all turned out for Jamie following your advice...NOT. :D

He can always find a seat somewhere where he is gonna be appreciated ;)

I'd rather fight my point with my soul and heart than being the little whore of a multi-trillion corporation that emasculate racing.

If it only worked like that in real life.. :) "I appreciate you, here´s a seat"
We are all little whores in the big picture. Just decide what kind of whore you want to be :)
You can be sure that Helmut is one aswell when you go higher up the ladder ;)

This is a larger issue actually, bigger teams expect that smaller teams just roll over and play dead, they expect them to give them places in race too very soon.. If everyone does it, where is the sport in it? This has so many parabels in real life too, which are way to political to drag into this but the principal is the same and i have witnessed this in simracing hundreds of times, faster driver feels justified for pushing the slower guy out of the road.

Of course one should know when to fight and when to surrender but there needs to be respect all around the field.. Makes Vettel look like a little brat who always get what he wants, the kind of kid who shouts at their parents for giving a car that's wrong colour.. Not that we know who did what behind the scenes but why would another teams boss shout at HIS own driver for not letting the OTHER team driver thru? Stupid to do this in public view.

I never talked about F1, he can go in Endurance racing if he wants to, maybe also Touring cars, pretty easy to get a seat when you're a former F1 driver.

Yea i´m sure that will be comforting when you have worked your whole life to be in F1 then get spitted out after only 3 :)

This is a larger issue actually, bigger teams expect that smaller teams just roll over and play dead, they expect them to give them places in race too very soon.. If everyone does it, where is the sport in it?
In this case the bigger team is the owner of the team you are driving and it´s also the team that funded your career to be in F1 in the first place.
This was practice so in my opinion i have no idea why he would not let Vettel passed. It´s not like he´s driving for position and considering the RBR is so much more faster it would actually be easier for Jamie to continue his hotlaps with Vettel ahead of him and not right behind him. Especially considering Vettel would have passed him anyways.

Of course one should know when to fight and when to surrender but there needs to be respect all around the field.. Makes Vettel look like a little brat who always get what he wants, the kind of kid who shouts at their parents for giving a car that's wrong colour.. Not that we know who did what behind the scenes but why would another teams boss shout at HIS own driver for not letting the OTHER team driver thru? Stupid to do this in public view.

Yea i agree, and this was a time where Jamie should have surrendered. He knows Vettel´s position as a golden child at RBR so you have to act accordingly.

Well first things first. Helmut takes care of the driver developing team, or watches it. And apart from that he´s an advisor for RBR.
So he´s not a boss per say.

I´m pretty sure Helmut asked him why in the world he would keep Vettel behind when it´s not even a race or practice, you know the RBR is faster and will eventually pass you whether you like it or not so why not let him by as soon as you can?

It actually made no sense for Jamie to keep Vettel behind him. Absolutely no sense at all.

Yea i agree, and this was a time where Jamie should have surrendered. He knows Vettel´s position as a golden child at RBR so you have to act accordingly.

WHAT? So he should just roll over because Vettel is SPECIAL? What a load of bs, no driver has any special priviledges or should i say, should not have any special rights. Even if this would've happened in Q3 at the last lap, Algi was right and never should gave out the position...

Man, am i greatful that Iceman is back, there's some integrity and balls left..

Wait, why worse ? You said "all his life", like he worked decennies to get where he got...

He still has a lot to go through, and he better use it wisely this time.

Yes "all his life"... obviously up to this point. He´s worked several years to get to where he was today, thus he´s been working all his life to get to F1.
And by being so young and still get canned from F1 is probably a hundred times worse then getting canned while you are 40+ and have been in F1 for 10-15 years don´t you think?

WHAT? So he should just roll over because Vettel is SPECIAL? What a load of bs, no driver has any special priviledges or should i say, should not have any special rights. Man, am i greatful that Iceman is back, there's some integrity and balls left..

If i had my career funded by RBR, got a shortcut way into F1 through RBR´s sister team STR, and possibly if i do good get a seat next to Vettel yes i would let Vettel pass anywhere he likes, everytime.
If it were a race i would not have done it but this was a simple practice session so yes i would have put the car in the wall if that was needed as well.

Nobody has said that drivers should have any special privileges either so i don´t understand why you get all worked up.

But this is how the world is today.. it´s reality and it is what it is. You can´t decide what to do if you are a rookie in F1 where there are 100 other drivers that would take your seat any day and kiss Helmut´s feet if needed.

I can garantuee you Kimi would let him pass. Assuming Kimi went the same route into F1 as Jamie did.

This is the same discussion we had with Ferrari getting extra money just by being in F1. If the playfield is not level, it's not a sport anymore if some are more equal than others. Mostly i'm getting steam between my ears because more and more people are accepting this kind of behaviour in all aspects of life. Algi did nothing wrong and gets a shouted on.. And don't get me started on that crashing a car in the wall by command and being ok with it? No integrity left these days, just appalling to even hear that.

if we all roll over and play dead, we might as well be dead. There's no point of showing yourself in raceday in a racecar if that's the attitude.

This is the same discussion we had with Ferrari getting extra money just by being in F1. If the playfield is not level, it's not a sport anymore if some are more equal than others. Mostly i'm getting steam between my ears because more and more people are accepting this kind of behaviour in all aspects of life. Algi did nothing wrong and gets a shouted on.. And don't get me started on that crashing a car in the wall by command and being ok with it? No integrity left these days, just appalling to even hear that.

if we all roll over and play dead, we might as well be dead. There's no point of showing yourself in raceday in a racecar if that's the attitude.

Yes and if you remember i had a pretty logical explanation to the Ferrari matter.
You like to mention level playing field all the time. Are you aware that this does NOT exist in most sports?

Go karts, some dad is richer then the other dad which allows the kid to run fresh tires all the time.
Football, Barcelona has the best sponsors so no matter what happens that season they will still be richer then 99.9% of all teams out there which allows them to buy players other teams can´t.
GP2, Some teams have more money then other teams, thus allowing them to do so much more.

Should i continue? I´ve got one for you. Swimming...
Oh wait sorry wrong on that too seeing as certain Olympic swimmers had a state-of-the-art swimsuit that was faster then a regular one.

Jamie did wrong. Not in your world but in Red Bull´s world. And who´s rules are in effect? Yours or theirs?

It seems you want to change the world while i just let you know how the world is today. Yes it sucks but that´s the way it is.
To change the system you have to join the system and change it from the inside.

And what happens when you join the system? The system changes you...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%