Cars jaguar c type 1953

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've send pictures of some of your cars with an issue on black windscreen.
I just would like to tell you that it's due to Goodwood Circuit. I've not encountered any issue on other tracks.
thank you again for the great job!

I've send pictures of some of your cars with an issue on black windscreen.
I just would like to tell you that it's due to Goodwood Circuit. I've not encountered any issue on other tracks.
thank you again for the great job!
i will have a look into it.
thanks
edit
i tried the cars at Goodwood v0.2 and they all seemed ok, with and with out the d-type, so i am sorry i dont know what i can do.
may be your GPU driver or your graphics setting ?

Attachments

• GRAB_yyy051.jpg
    GRAB_yyy051.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
bugg66 submitted a new resource:

jaguar c type 1953 - jaguar c type 1953

Read more about this resource...
I know you were having trouble getting the cockpit view on all your cars to be "normal". It's been bugging me, too, so I set out to learn what steps to take for correcting the cockpit view. Mostly it's a case of ISI giving us more flexibility than is required to set the cockpit view, so there are a few steps required.

1. In the cockpitinfo.ini, you obviously want to set the correct Eyepoint, typically by getting the coordinates from the driver's head centered on the nose, but moved back to the eyeball plane. For the C-Type, I used: Eyepoint=(-0.259, 0.98, 0.680) // Driver eyepoint (cockpit view only) ( +LEFT/RIGHT-, +UP/-DOWN, -FORWARD/BACK)
  2. In the .cam file, set the Fov in the LocalCam=COCKPIT section. ISI used Fov=(89, 50) and I see little reason to be different.
  3. In the .cam file, zero out PositionOffset in the LocalCam=COCKPIT section like this: PositionOffset=(0, 0, 0) //(Left-Right, Up-Down, Back,-Forward)

There's also the issue of distorted mirrors. Follow the steps as outlined here to fix the distortion. A nuance is to verify in the cockpitinfo.ini file that MirrorPos= is where you want the plane of the mirror to sit as sometimes modmakers have positioned it very high or very low and rearward like it's hanging below the rear bumper. If the car has an overhead hung interior mirror plus side mirrors, then you need to reach a compromise. You might want the MirrorPos to be at the interior mirror position or somewhere halfway in height... don't think I'd position it much below eye level.

After trying that method of fixing the distorted mirrors, it's a solution, but not the right solution. At least not in ModDev. What happens is you can get the cockpit mirrors looking correct with scaling, but it utterly destroys the virtual mirrors.

The correct answer is to remap the texture rather than scaling it. I'm not sure if that's possible within 3DSimEd...

Last edited:
Plan for remapping:
  1. Export textures and mirror GMT to either FBX or DAE format.
  2. Import FBX or DAE file into Blender v3.XX.
  3. Remap mirror.bmp
  4. Export as GMT using Traveller's updated export scripts. More info about what the scripts do is in this thread.
Not being particularly good with Blender, right now I'm fumbling my way through step 3, the texture remapping... plus if you've used Blender with simracing objects, you know it screws with the sizing. Offhand I don't know if Traveller's scripts take care of that issue. It may take a couple of exports before I get this right.

Success! Cockpit mirror is not distorted and the virtual mirror remains normal. I haven't figured out how to use Traveller's scripts. Instead I imported the corrected FBX or DAE file into 3DSimEd and reset the material names/properties, then exported the GMT from 3DSimEd.

My practice object was the Aston Martin mirror. There is a mesh hole in the back on the original, so I fixed that while I had it in Blender.

thanks
edit
i tried the cars at Goodwood v0.2 and they all seemed ok, with and with out the d-type, so i am sorry i dont know what i can do.
There are hidden cars in the paddock of Goodwood with the plan of releasing a version of the track with a detailed paddock area. I'm guessing your windows are clashing with a texture for those cars. I'll have a look and see if I can figure it out.

thanks
edit
The issue is the glass.dds texture used on some car windows. The Apache helicopter windows are also glass.dds so you're seeing the helicopter windows on some cars. I will release an update to the track shortly which will fix the issue but I'd suggest using less generic names for your car textures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play