Jackie is at it...again

Yes i wanted Rosberg to Win as he is 2nd generation and it is harder to be a champion. Brothers and sons often under perform. Max is the only driver who has out scored his father as a 2nd generation driver. Lewis started at McLaren with Mercedes and went to a factory Mercedes. Probably people from McLaren formed that team. Eatch driver has a enturage people who follow them when they switch teams it makes it easyer to settle in. Or you have to establish new ralationships with people. Its like starting a new job or school. You feel lost and alone untell you meet new people and new ways of doing things. I don't like term GOAT because you have to compare him to other drivers in other earas. GOAT of his generation maybe but i think MAX with top his crown by the time his career is over.

Cars and drivers are products of their times. To compare the performance of two generations of drivers is not an accurate assessment because their victories were in vastly different cars, often on vastly different tracks. This topic has been long debated - how would Clark have performed in a modern F1 car? or Senna in a fifties era car? Would Verstappen do as well in the same car his father drove? or vice versa?

Okay so Doctor Who is real lol and he grabs any 2 drivers you wish and swap them in time.

Lewis 1954 Nords, pissing rain, leaky pits, cold , hungry, no data and Mercedes W196 :coffee:
Before Fango leaves he asks any advice. " More accelerato less brake " lol

Fangio 2023 Monza, Spring day, air conditioned trailer big screen capucino, donuts and Ferrari SF-23 and 100 people at his beck and call :laugh:

He would work it out, Lewis I not so sure. :x3:

Everything Stewart has said in the last eight years comes across as sour grapes.
The guy clearly does not like Lewis' record as the most successful British driver.
It was a role he (Jackie) held for the longest of time.
Stewart was great during his era..no doubt about that.
He now needs to understand and more importantly....accept that Lewis has usurped him as the most winning British driver.
Jackie and his performances did not automatically turn to rubbish any more than Schumacher's did when Lewis broke certain records.
Max is...and will continue to do the same to Lewis' tally.
Stewart simply cannot seem...or want to understand that 'attacking' the merit of another, more successful British driver doesn't help his cause.
Lewis excelled in every formula prior to F1.
One could argue that is why he got to F1.
Nico Rosberg was no slouch in that Mercedes car and though Lewis did have a few failures during that 2016 season, it is evident that Rosberg did an exceptional job with what he was given.
Jackie publicly stating that he (Rosberg) essentially was not good, simply to highlight Lewis' loss smacks of envy.
It is a bad look and one that is unnecessary.

Sadly this is common throughout life. Whatever your endeavors, you will have your day in the sun, and one day you must step aside and let others have their day.

Jackie Stewart has something these "young guns" do not (yet, perhaps) - he is SIR Jackie Stewart, his reputation is secure. He has accomplishments they will never achieve - he won at the Nordschleife ...in an era when F1 was much more dangerous.

Sadly, aging men often forget that nothing lasts forever. Revel in your own achievements, but also revel in those who come along and build on them.

I don't blame Jackie it's our times, we knit pick everything and anything to death. Sametime we act oblivious to the damage we have all done to our childrens futures. Instead we concentrate on mindless bs so I don't blame Jackie, he is a product of us.

Last edited:
Nico Rosberg was no slouch in that Mercedes car and though Lewis did have a few failures during that 2016 season, it is evident that Rosberg did an exceptional job with what he was given.
Jackie publicly stating that he (Rosberg) essentially was not good, simply to highlight Lewis' loss smacks of envy.
It is a bad look and one that is unnecessary.
Is it a bad look - is it click bait - what is the context of who asked what question? DId Jackie approach the media with a press release?

Nico was good but not great in 2016 - This is a valid opinion by Jackie and I agree.

Hamilton was categorically the better driver in Mercedes in 2016, but the championship goes to the driver with the most points. Fair play and well done to Rosberg although I will always remember him driving like a 10 year experienced rookie at the end of the Austrian GP.

Hamilton's average start position was pushed down with a couple of penalties that made his job harder, but he still scored 380 points from 19 finishes compared to Rosberg getting 385 points from 20 results....

When finishing a race that season with the dominant machine Hamilton failed to reach poidum two times, while Rosberg failed to get to the podium four times....

I'm not much of a Hamilton fan, and I was super glad Rosberg won that season.

My opinion is that of all the Greats of the sport, I don't know if any has made their team mates better as much as Hamilton has : I think Fernando, Button and Rosberg all elevated themselves from the competition as teammate with Hamilton.

StatLewis HamiltonDeltaNico Rosberg
Points in season (in same GP)380-5385
Times better position (in same GP)11+110
Wins10+19
Podiums17+116
Times better in quali (in same GP) - based on starting grids12+39
Pole positions12+48

I doubt many modern stars would have survived early career crashes
in cars built before e.g. 1980.

Some would never have attempted F1, back then.
You would do it for money. Look at Jakie Stewart. He had a learning disablity Acording to his book he can not read or write, his signed a sinature as a circle. He would not be employable in a regular profesion. Yet he has survived in a dangeus eara. The man is smart in skills and talent but not book smart. A lot of what we know or understand as humans can not be taught in a classroom or in a book. You have to phisicaly do it and try it. If it fails work trouble shooting and fix it.

Reactions: jgf
It was really awkward when Rosberg asked Sir Jackie about Hamilton's overall status in the sport during the Monza pre-race on Sunday.

Nico may not have the raw talent of Lewis, but he is extremely smart, disciplined, determined, and calculating. He was ruthless and deliberately crashed out his teammate at least once in 2016. Yes, they were both in a Silver Arrows, but if you recall during their time as teammates, Nico was always--annoyingly but shrewdly--asking his engineer what HAM was doing in a particular corner, etc. Nico was always learning, plotting, playing mind games. Hamilton was very distracted that season. Don't forget that Hamilton was coming off a breakup with Nicole Scherzinger after a 7-year relationship.

Although I was a Lewis supporter during his years at McLaren and after his at-the-time mind-boggling switch to Mercedes, I look forward to Nico's comments and questions during Sky coverage. He brings a reverence for the sport, a respect for its participants (he almost always speaks highly of HAM), great insight into what is going on and off track, and an overall enthusiasm that is not forced.

Not to take anything away from the 2016 F1 World Champion, but my mom still calls him "Map Boy" after a series of prerace vignettes Nico did which aired on U.S. Speed/Velocity broadcasts during his tenure at BMW-Sauber.

Nico may not have the raw talent of Lewis, but he is extremely smart, disciplined, determined, and calculating. He was ruthless and deliberately crashed out his teammate at least once in 2016. Yes, they were both in a Silver Arrows, but if you recall during their time as teammates, Nico was always--annoyingly but shrewdly--asking his engineer what HAM was doing in a particular corner, etc. Nico was always learning, plotting, playing mind games.
Drvers like Barrichello, Webber, Perez sometimes can match or beat great team mates - but struggle to do so consistently. Rosberg is in that camp for me, but he really stepped up in 2016 - it was a very very good season for him - and for almost the whole season was almost at Hamilton's level. And he was willing to go to Win-At-All-Cost-BS in Spain and Austria.

However, he only just won the championship by 5 points because Hamilton had an engine failure leading Sepang resulted in +28 swing to Rosberg.. He had a great 4 win streak to start the season, but then only managed 3 podiums in the following 8 races...

The hypebole on the internet is that Nico won the championship and beat Hamilton by being better or applying enough pressure to force mistakes but it is just not the case.

To the opinion point - Hamilton was beaten by a very good not great team mate... Other opinion points - None of Verstappen's team mates have stepped up with consistency either.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.