Isolation! What Have You Been Playing?

Thanks for your reply! Are those cars all included in the base game or are they DLC packs that you had to buy as extra? How do you find the quality of the AI to race against? Is it difficult to create seasons in the game?

All the cars actually paid mods. The GTs are by the Race Sim Studio and the Prototypes by Virtual Racing Cars group. AI are decent, the content manager for AC lets you fine tune aggression and skill level for each opponent. And to be honest although AC supports seasons, I run each race as completely standalone and use an excel sheet to track the championship.

Well all I've been able to play is MLB Baseball 2020 on my ps4. I've had to move in with my girlfriend and leave my pc rig behind for now..I'm a key worker and don't have the room here for it. Really missing ACC, the best driving sim I have ever played. Got AMS2 on beta but never got the chance to enjoy it

All the cars actually paid mods. The GTs are by the Race Sim Studio and the Prototypes by Virtual Racing Cars group. AI are decent, the content manager for AC lets you fine tune aggression and skill level for each opponent. And to be honest although AC supports seasons, I run each race as completely standalone and use an excel sheet to track the championship.
Sounds like a great way to spend time. What is the content manager for AC? I have AC installed, but have no knowledge of what content manager is or what it does..

I have been playing my "GF Order and Obey Housework games" and "Zombie Survival Fest in the supermarket", but i can not find them on the list.

Please RD add those options!

Stay safe , simrace, follow the lifeline and survive (on the servers too).

Last edited:
Sounds like a great way to spend time. What is the content manager for AC? I have AC installed, but have no knowledge of what content manager is or what it does..

Oh my sweet summer child ;)

It's an alternative launcher for AC that has 100s of extra features that Kunos' launcher doesn't have. Examples: Saveable presets for pretty much every aspect of the game like app layouts, AI grids or controller settings; real weather data for every track; a much improved server browser, and that is not even scratching the surface.

Get it from here: https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html. A free version is availible for you to try. Donating a small sum to get the full version is recommended but not required. If you don't like it, uninstalling doesn't require more work than simply deleting the exe file and you can still use the default launcher side by side.

Oh and did i even mention that it is the foundation for the shaders patch also made by the same author which enables even more crazy stuff like 24h time cycle with night lights and a plethora of graphical improvements and performance tweaks?

It's an alternative launcher for AC that has 100s of extra features that Kunos' launcher doesn't have. Examples: Saveable presets for pretty much every aspect of the game like app layouts, AI grids or controller settings; real weather data for every track; a much improved server browser, and that is not even scratching the surface.

Get it from here: https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html. A free version is availible for you to try. Donating a small sum to get the full version is recommended but not required. If you don't like it, uninstalling doesn't require more work than simply deleting the exe file and you can still use the default launcher side by side.

Oh and did i even mention that it is the foundation for the shaders patch also made by the same author which enables even more crazy stuff like 24h time cycle with night lights and a plethora of graphical improvements and performance tweaks?
Given my low level of knowledge, I'm sure I do not realise how good the features you mentioned are, so I'll take your word for it and download it! Really appreciate your reply, thank you so much.

A bit strange - I would have thought that Raceroom had a higher number of users.
Because after this corona thing a lot more are online on the MP servers.

A bit strange - I would have thought that Raceroom had a higher number of users.
Because after this corona thing a lot more are online on the MP servers.

raceroom seems to be overlooked by everyone. Its not even being used for the virtual tcr series that TCR are putting on for their real drivers. Seems they would rather use models ripped from raceroom and put illegally into AC or rF2

Is there any way in AC to record the lap time of each lap of a practice session? e.g. if I do 100 laps, can the game log the time of each lap so I can review the progression in lap times after I finish the session? Currently I only see the best lap time recorded from each car at a particular track.

Also, what is the difference between the Lite version of the content manager and the paid version, and why would someone want to use the default launcher side-by-side with the content manager?

My job has actually gone into mad overtime during all this, so I haven't had much time to do anything but work. But, when I've had time to fire up the sim rig I decided to finally try Project Cars 2 that's been sitting in my Steam library for quite a while never installed. I'm running it precisely because it's less "hardcore", I need something I can just jump in and drive for a bit. So far, it's been fun enough - track and car selection is pretty good, graphics are quite good, sounds decent. I haven't hit the right AI balance yet but it's been fine for what I'm looking for and have time for right now.

Hopefully when things calm down a bit work-wise I'll get back to AC and RF2 which are my "main" driving sims (I only do offline), but PC2 is doing me fine for now. Or.. maybe I'll finally give F1 2017 a go, that's been sitting unintstalled in the libraray for a couple of years now - I hear the career mode is pretty good even though the driving is "sim-cade".

OH I almost forgot - I still run a race now and then in Ye Olde Nascar Racing 2003 Season! It's dated of course but still surprisingly good if you want a Nascar fix.

Im at a point now where i want to buy something new. Stuck between Farming Sim 19, ETS2 Road to the black sea (have all other expansions but need this for latest promods version) or wait for Moto GP 20

We are still driving the good old rFactor (not rFactor 2, but the original rFactor). Why?

First: We haven't found the feeling of the combination of RealFeal and Leo FFB in any other sim yet. Real Feel is build into rFactor 2, but we are missing Leo FFB. When adjusted the right way (in rFactor), nothing is going to beat it.

Second: Track building (in BTB) and testing goes very fast. Exporting directly from BTB to rFactor and you can drive on it. I don't know how to do this for other sims, so if somybody has a solution for me I can try to build tracks for other sims as wel.

Third: If we don't like something on a car or track, I know how to change it in rFactor directly. If we don't like some part of the physics of a car (or the entire physics) I change it. If we don't like the skins, the sound or whatever, I change it the way we like it, directly.

Fourth: still the largest selection of available track and cars.

We are still driving the good old rFactor (not rFactor 2, but the original rFactor). Why?
First: We haven't found the feeling of the combination of RealFeal and Leo FFB in any other sim yet. Real Feel is build into rFactor 2, but we are missing Leo FFB. When adjusted the right way (in rFactor), nothing is going to beat it.
Third: If we don't like something on a car or track, I know how to change it in rFactor directly. If we don't like some part of the physics of a car (or the entire physics) I change it. If we don't like the skins, the sound or whatever, I change it the way we like it, directly.
If you don't mind me asking... who's "WE" ?
Some ...league or something ?

Btw, I agree about track diversity, nothing simpler than make a track in rFactor.
Even I had a few good ones. :)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 127 85.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 25 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 45 30.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 51 34.5%