1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this any good?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dylan Hember, Aug 11, 2011.

1. That looks pretty bad, even for my standards. Can't see anything worthy on it to be honest.
  2. I just compared it too a £599 computer and it doesnt come anywhere near it. I should of done this before posting this up here...
  3. It's good enough for playing Freecell and you can't upgrade it.
    If you upgrade you have to rebuild the whole PC.
  4. Its bad mate true.

Maybe if you said how much you got to spend the guys here may be able to point you in the right direction
  5. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

I work at PC World. No good for gaming, and not upgradable - they use a bespoke PSU so you would be stuck with whatever is in there.
  6. If you want a gaming PC, stay away from Dell and PC World, they don't allow you to upgrade the machines, they'd rather have you buy a new one each time you need something better.

If you want a gaming PC, ring around some local PC shops for quotes, 9 times out of 10 they'll build one for you, to your spec, and then they'll be there for you when you need upgrade or tech help. If that end up out of your budget, then have your mate build one for you. You can build a good PC yourself for about £300
  7. If your mate said that was a good one, I seriously doubt you want him to build one for you, no offense to your mate. Look online for systems to see what you can come up with for the money you have to spend.
  8. £500 - £600 as its going to be my first. Thats how much i will spend.
  9. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Have a look at http://www.ebuyer.com

Some pretty good fully built pcs there

Also do parts, some of which are cheaper than Scan.
  10. in the past i have used overclockers.co.uk and they have always been good. Although you can maybe get a local dealer to make the same a little cheaper. That said their service is very good